Chapter 19

The Unconscious

Solomon was running in his full speed when he heard piercing scream causing him to almost stumble and fall in the ground. Fortunately he has a fast reflexes, he immediately balance himself before he fell in the ground.

He stood frozen there when he realized that it was Paige who screamed.

"No!" he screamed and ran again towards the direction of the scream while praying to the moon goddess that it would not be too late.

The scream continue to echo in the forest and it was getting louder and louder telling him the he was almost there.

'Wait for me Paige' he thought.

+++

The woman beside the man was starting to falter hearing Paige's scream. They can also see all the memories that flashing in Paige's mind making her remember her past that was haunting her.

She felt a warm embrace around her body then a gentle voice she heard saying, "I'm here, I will always be here beside you" It feels like a lullaby in her ears as he said those words.

She inhale deeply and focus in their mission they need to accomplish. She knew she needs to be strong as the man beside her. She felt it even though he tried to hide it that he can't bear to see Paige screaming in pain in the front of them but they need to do it.

The scream became more intense as if Paige was trying to break the eardrum of anyone who can hear it.

The wall around them fell. They felt someone has broken their invisible wall around them.

Solomon appeared and immediately saw Paige kneeling in the ground as she was clutching her head while whimpering; that sight broke Solomon's heart. He can clearly see that Paige is suffering for unknown reason.

Solomon kneel down and pulled Paige in his arms running his hand in her back trying to ease the pain. This is the first time she saw Paige in a very vulnerable state.

Solomon was too focusing in easing Paige's pain that he didn't notice the two strangers standing there.

The illusion was broken.

The woman blue eyes returned. The man beside her shook his head and sways a little and she immediately put her arm around him for support but the man beside her was too tall and heavy than her causing them to fell in the ground with a thud sound.

The thud sound snapped Solomon to notice the two strangers that are now in ground. The woman was sitting while the man was lying in the ground with his head on the woman's lap.

Solomon held Paige in his arms protectively as a deep growled erupted from his mouth causing the woman to look at him.

The woman snapped her head to look where the frightening growled came from. Her eyes were wide open as glowing silver eyes stared at her with anger. She knew that the newly arrived man is strong and she couldn't protect the man lying in her lap now that they both exhausted from the illusion they made. They push their power to the limit.

But something that makes her frown; that glowing silver eyes, 'Is he part of...' before she can finish her thought a multiple footsteps arrived. The pack came and made a protective circle around her and the man in her lap.