Chapter 5

The Alliance Party

"An alliance with a powerful person is never safe"

- Phaedus

Alpha Slade stared at the mirror while fixing his tie. He frowned seeing couple of gray hair mixing in his dark brown hair.

Sign of aging, Alpha Slade sighed. He was getting older and still hasn't met his Lifemate. When will, the fate will lead her to him?

Then his mind flew back what happened in the past five years. The Rouge they found in the cliff was now the strongest Sentinel in the pack. No one thought that the bruised, wounded and scarred female Rouge would become a Sentinel.

When he welcome her in the pack, he was planning to give her a normal life - to live a normal life but all his plans shattered like a glass when he saw her in the training ground; almost knocking out all the sentinel including his Beta. He knew that if it comes to fighting, she can surpass his abilities.

Alpha Slade shook his head; this is not the time to think about that; right now they are facing a huge problem.

A soft knock heard from his door; with one last look in the mirror, Alpha Slade went to the door to open it. He saw her and Eaton, bowing their head as soon as they saw him.

Eaton was wearing a black tuxedo that was perfectly fitted in his body while she was wearing a leather black coat that was covering her black t-shirt up to her calf.

Allegiance Party is a formal party, s everyone was required to wear formal attire.

Alpha Slade sighed again and slightly shook his head. He knew that this is going to happen. He knew that she was not a dress loving person, but he still hoping to see her wearing a dress. Alpha Slade took care of her like she was his own daughter but she only see him as a master rather than a father figure.

Alpha Slade mentally laughed as he remembered their conversation a few days ago.

She knocks in the door as she was called by Alpha Slade.

Alpha Slade let her in, in the office. He was sitting in the leather chair and stared at her as she chose to stand there also staring at him.

"We will be the host for the upcoming Alliance Party" Alpha Slade informed and she just nodded. "Do you want to attend the party?"

"Is that an order?" She asked.

Alpha Slade sighed n disappointment; he was expecting a violent reaction from her like 'no!', 'not interested', 'I hate dresses or party or whatsoever or something a normal person would react but then again, she's not a normal person.

"No" Alpha Slade answered, 'She's hopeless'

"If you order me to attend then I'll attend the party" she said.

Alpha Slade looked at her, maybe there's still hope for her. "Well then, I order you to attend the party with us" he said in finality; he hates ordering her around but if he have to then he will.

Who knows maybe the fate decided to finally let her meet her Lifemate and that's would be wonderful.

But there's also other reason why Alpha Slade wanted her to attend the party and she already knows it.

"Let's go" Alpha Slade looked at them and walked towards the hall.

The two big wooden doors opened and they were welcome by wonderful, smooth music of the orchestra. The ceiling of and the walls of the halls is made of glass that has a beautiful view of the moon and the forest. There's a beautiful chandelier dangling; lit in dimly light. The hall was filled with people chatting together.

Alpha Slade greeted some people and decided to stay at corner where he can see all the shifters in the hall. Eaton was standing beside Alpha Slade while she was leaning in the wall - arms cross in her chest, three steps behind them concealing herself in the shadows.

Alpha Slade notice Eaton annoyed face but he was trying so hard to hide it.

"What's with the annoyed face?" Alpha Slade asked as he gently moved the glass goblet in circular motion.

"I hate parties" Eaton answered and wrinkled his nose smelling the strong perfume of the ladies. "There's a non-stop of boasting their accessories, dresses and other nonsense thing, and they wear too much perfume" He said. "This is a formal party right?" Alpha Slade nodded as he slightly roaming his eyes around the hall, "Then why isn't she wearing a formal dress" he pointed at her.

Alpha Slade laughed seeing Eaton shivered a little after meeting her cold eyes as if his body was covered with ice, but his laughed was cut off by the shattering sound of broken glass.

Alpha Slade instantly looked up and saw pieces of shattered glass raining down at the center then a big Rouge Wolf made his dramatic appearance by jumping from the ceiling. The Wolf looked around and growled causing some shifters.

Immediately, all the Sentinels from the different packs position themselves in the front encircling the Rouge and hiding all the women and children behind their back protectively. The Rouge growled furiously at them.

Alpha Slade looked up and saw the full moon peeking as the clouds slowly moving to the direction of the wind.

Alpha Slade sighed, 'How foolish! They choose to attack when the moon is full?' He thought then his gaze found the Rouge and took steps towards it.

"Calm down people!" Alpha Slade said in a loud voice. Some shifters calm down but others are still panicking. "You!" he called the attention of the Rouge. The Rouge looked at him and growled. "We're not in the mood for bloodbath" He calmly said but the Rouge bends its hind legs and ready to lunge at him.

Alpha Slade sighed again, 'what a fool'

The Rouge jumps to the air towards him but before it could land at Alpha Slade, there's a swift movement behind the Alpha towards the Rouge.

The Rouge fell to the ground whining and the blood were starting to pool at the floor.