Chapter 6

The Attack

"It seems that rebellion must have an unassailable base, something guarded not merely from attack, but from the fear of it."

 – T.E. Lawrence

She closed her eyes and heard fading footsteps of Eaton as he left. No matter how much Eaton would try to walk quietly, she can hear his footstep clearly.

She inhales deeply letting the scent of the Wolfsbane flowers entered in her nostrils. The scent of the flower makes her relax and her mind feels peaceful. She didn't know what happen or how, but the Wolfsbane doesn't affect her like a poison to other shifters.

She always asking the moon why does the moon let her live again – giving her a second life. The death itself was running away from her as she chases it.

'Damn the fate!' She mentally cursed.

The goddesses really won't give her what she wants.

It is too much to ask for death?

She didn't have any reason to live anymore and damn Alpha Slade for binding her life to him. She couldn't disobey his order – she was compelled to obey it and her instinct was telling her to protect her Alpha. The binding will only be broken when she finally meet her Lifemate.

'Seriously?' She mentally laughed, 'My Lifemate will reject me the moment he laid his eyes on me' she thought.

Who would want to be mated to a damaged she-wolf like her? a she-wolf whose heart become frozen; a she-wolf who's emotionally dead.

She might be emotionally dead but the emptiness and loneliness feelings remain inside of her heart; the feeling that there is a missing piece inside her heart; a huge hole that is waiting to be filled up.

When she opens her eyes for the first time after her suicide attempt, she thought she was dead. She couldn't feel anything; it feels like her whole body system gone numb. Her voice were cold even her eyes; it was dead like her frozen heart.

She wondered if someone can melt her frozen heart.

She sighed, 'That's impossible' then closed her eyes again.

She hates the light. Every sunrise she always went to the forest where she belongs until sunset. She hides under the shadows of the trees and letting the Wolfsbane flower embrace her. In the forest is where she spent her whole day and listen in the sounds of the forest.

The times goes by, she opens her eyes and looked up only to see the fading light of the sunset. Stars started to let themselves visible in the skies.

She stood up and took off running towards the Pack house. She smelt a new multiple unknown scent of wolves, the moment she entered the house letting her know that the guest have arrived.

The celebration of the Alliance party will be held at event hall of the Wolfsbane pack. It is her first time to attend the party as she was ordered by Alpha Slade; she knew the Alpha wanted her to be there to secure the safety of all the packs inside the event hall. They just heard a rumored that a pack of Rouges will attack.

She went straight to her room. Her room was located at the top floor or fourth floor of the pack house. It was the attic and there's only one slanted window in the ceiling where she can fully see the view of the beautiful moon.