Chapter 1

THE PAIN

"There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds" 

– Laurell K. Hamilton, (Mistral's Kiss)

Pain

Pain is a physical feeling caused by injury or something that hurts the body, mental or emotional suffering.

Pain is a sadness caused by some emotional and mental problem.

What does it feels like to be in pain?

A nineteen years old woman was running aimlessly in the forest. She was letting her legs to guide her to nowhere. She didn't even stop even though her legs were screaming in pain. She never looked back and never stops running.

She was in pain for her entire life. She was already used to it. Her body, mental and emotional is used to it.

As she ran in the endless forest, all of her memories flashbacks.

In the other side of the forest, she was found by a couple; an abandoned baby alone in the forest. She was adopted by a couple who couldn't bear a child. The couple raised her like she was their own child. She thought she was blessed, even thought her biological parents left her alone in the forest. She felt overwhelming joy in her heart but her old self was too naive thinking this will last forever.

A few years had passed; she was seven years old when a miracle happened. Her adopted mother got pregnant and gave birth to a son.

It was good news to them but not for her.

They started ignoring her like she's a nobody. She tried her best to understand them now that they have a son they dream for, but still she's also their child by law.

As time goes by; her brown eyes were slowly turning to violet and everything was getting worst. She stops schooling and become more like maid or rather slave that a daughter to her adopted parents. Her adopted father started beating her for unknown reason.

When they finally notice that her eyes were fully violet color; even when she shifts, the color of her eyes remains violet. It's very uncommon for a shifter to have violet eyes, that's why they started calling her freak, curse and all hurtful words. They were telling her that the reason why her biological parents abandon her was because she was an unwanted child. Her adopted parents kicked her out in the house; the house she once called her home.

She ran immediately to her Alpha; seeking for help and shelter thinking that he will welcome her with open arms. She told her Alpha everything that her adoptive parent did to her and what other people was calling her but, then again her old self was too naïve. Her Alpha just laughed it off in her face and locked her up in a small storage room. She was only permitted to go out in her room to do the house work. That's the beginning of her becoming their slave – the pack slave.

Time goes by, everything around her seems to be normal. Beatings, being insulted and house work are her daily routine and she's used to it. She already gave up living in this world but her wolf was still holding on. Her wolf keeps telling her that there is someone will help her to escape this.