Chapter 18

The Risk

Solomon suddenly stops from running to breathe. His muscles are exhausted and his lungs need more oxygen to move again. He felt he was running around the territory and still he couldn't find her.

"Can you..." he was panting that he needs to breathe a few more time so that he can finish his sentence. "Can you mind link her?" he asked at Alpha Slade while he was looking around.

Alpha Slade was panting too. He put his hands to his knees supporting his body. 'I guess I need to exercise more' he thought. "I can't" he breathes out.

"What do you mean you can't?" Solomon looks at the Alpha frowning.

"The bond that I create was the only thing that connects her to the pack. When she met you, that bond broke." He stood up and looked up. "She didn't join the pack on her decision, I force her" then he looked at Solomon, "No one in the pack can mind link her anymore"

'not everyone wants to mind link her, everyone is scared of her and it hard to communicate with her through mind link, she always put her walls around her mind, It was only I can mind link her without being block by her walls but now it's a different story' Alpha Slade thought as he stared at Solomon.

"She has to be the first one to mind link us and she haven't realized it yet that she was not part of the pack anymore" Alpha Slade added.

Solomon groaned as he harshly ran his hand in his hair, "damn! How can we find her?" he shut his eyes still panting, 'Where are you Paige?'

+++

The silence enveloped them as they just stood there staring at each other.

Paige stood there like a statue. Her mind was screaming at her danger but she felt comfortable with this two strangers. She was focusing her mind trying to communicate to Alpha Slade through the mind link was she keeps bumping to the wall.

"You are just wasting your time trying to mind link them. We put walls around us to isolate this part of the forest so that no one can disturb us here" the man said causing her to curse in her mind.

Even though she knew that it was futile she still keeps trying to mind link the pack.

"Oh, and also my pack was running around the territory to confuse the sentinels from finding this place"

'Shit!' she cursed again. 'The pack is in danger!'

The man lean to the woman to whispered something that even Paige's sensitive hearing can't catch it.

The woman nodded and looked at Paige.

Suddenly the air around them changes distracting Paige in focusing to mind link the pack. She stared at the two strangers in the front of her with keen eyes. She needs to be ready if these two strangers suddenly started to attack her.

The woman closed her eyes and concentrated her powers inside her body making the walls around them weaken. She felt he was doing it also and that's what worries her more.

They were taking a huge risk for doing this thing especially he still hasn't recovered all his strength. There a huge chance that it will fail knowing that Paige is strong.

She felt a light squeeze in her hand vanishing all her worries inside and reassuring that everything will be fine.

Even though she put her guard up, the woman next move caught her off guard.

The woman opens her eyes revealing a glowing violet eyes and her hair turns to silver white mirroring Paige when she release her power.

Paige stared at the woman with wide eyes, 'What the hell!?' she shouted in her mind.

The woman use her power to put an illusion that she was changing until she looks like Paige but an older version of her in the eyes of Paige.

The man beside her also opens his eyes unsealing his glowing silver eyes. By the help of her, she also put an illusion making him an older version of him in the eyes of Paige.

Paige felt her heart suddenly tighten making her to catch her breath as she stared at the two strangers in the front of her. This is not what she expected. Her mind becomes hazy foggy causing her to lose her focus.

+++

'Still no sign of her?' Alpha Slade mind link his sentinels.

'Negative Alpha' his sentinels answered in chorus.

"Damn it Paige where are you?!" Solomon shouted in the forest in frustration.

Alpha Slade looked at Solomon, "There's a one way that I know can help us finding her."

"Then what is it?"

Alpha Slade stared at intently before he answers, "What phase the two of you in the mating?"

"Contact" Solomon simply answered.

Alpha Slade's eyebrow lifted without him realizing it. He didn't expect that they already in the contact phase in mating. As far as he remembers Paige ignore or rather avoid Solomon like an infectious disease.

"That will do" Alpha Slade nodded, "I think that's enough" Solomon watched the Alpha frowning. "Close your eyes" Alpha Slade instructed and Solomon immediately oblige. "Try to concentrate the warm you felt when you two have a physical contact with each other."

Solomon focuses himself remembering the warm he felt when embraces Paige.

"When you feel it follow it" Alpha Slade last instruction.

Solomon nodded as he concentrates more on remembering the warm and then he felt his mind expanded searching in every corners of the forest.

It took him five minutes in searching and was about to give up when he felt a sudden change in the air. He opens his eyes and look at his left side. He was sure that there is an invisible wall there and it is getting weaker. Without second thought he ran toward the direction where the invisible wall is.

In just a blink of an eye, Alpha Slade loses sight of Solomon.

+++

Pain

Pain is all that she can feel.

She felt that someone was hammering her mind open. She put both of her hand in each side of her head pressing it harder trying to ease the pain she felt in her head. She felt her head is splitting into two.

A groaned left her mouth as she couldn't tolerate it anymore. She fell on her knees still clutching her head. All the memories that should be forgotten keeps flashing in her mind like a movie.

She was panicking that makes her more and more hard to breathe.

"No" she whimpered as all the memories of all her suffering in her previous pack flash back in her mind and she can still freshly feel all the pain.

"No" tears fell from her eyes; the pain was getting severe almost making her lose his consciousness.

"Please..." for the first time in five years she begged. "...stop"

When the pain becomes unbearable for her to bear she screamed at the top of her lungs.