Chapter 14

Everyone's eyes got back on Bryce as soon as I said those words. I took this opportunity to get my cheeks dry of remaining moisture from my recent crying. It would be bothersome to explain everybody about my breakdown, but I already knew somebody would come and probe me with their worry and questions. All of the staff where here except Mike in this large doughnut shaped living room. 

    Right in a middle of room on one meter high pot are different kinds of small trees, bushes some flower plants and little bit of grass. The living space underneath a glass floor is filled with sand in different colors making  some sort of artwork or a mosaic, constantly shifting and switching places time to time by a system embedded deeper down in to the floor - functioning the same way as a kaleidoscope and making the vegetation look like a tiny oasis. Around it are placed smaller and larger pebbles which are encircled by a sealed belt of glass filled with running water stream, making a tiny sound of constant chatter. Two almost black blood red  couches are around the pot of plants with droplet shaped coffee tables. The upper floor connecting staircase leads to my room and some other places in a house which is decorated with matted light blue glass railing - as it continues on the balcony facing the whole living room. You can spin the section around the oasis to fit your siting position on the couches on whichever side you want to face in that moment. The top of the whole living room is enclosed with pentagon shaped glass panes, letting the bright daylight sun gorge the life inside the dome.

    I cleared my throat to get everyone's attention.
"I see that everyone is here already. As all of you have already heard from me or my father, we have bought the android bodyguard. His name is Bryce. He is gonna be constantly around me or sometimes present here in this house and I would like that everyone remembers his face, so like the incident minutes ago doesn't happen again. " Standing beside him I could see their facial expressions of pure surprise and awe seeing this perfect looking machine.

"Oh my god, honey! Why didn't you warn me, you have come here with him. I thought he is some kind of barbarian from other lands broken in to our house!" Nora finally spoke realizing what he is.

    She was very beautiful woman with thick black hair tied in low ponytail, with fine skin for her age. Some visible wrinkles under her brown eyes were from her ever happy face. Her long, thick eyelashes made her amazingly pretty even without makeup, maybe even better. She was my height but little more thicker and curvier. Nora very much resembled Mike, like they were made for each other. They both have dark hair, eyes the same shade of brown and ever present kindness in their aged faces. I wish someday to find my other half and be in this kind of relationship as they are. 

"Nora, I just got here myself, and forgot to tell you and anybody else. I ..." I got interrupted.

"Nora, honey! I was looking for you everywhere." Mike comes in living room clearly looking for his wife.  Looking around the room filled with other his colleagues, he gets his attention on me. "Did I miss something?"

"No, no, Mike. I just introduced everybody with Bryce - as anybody had no idea who he is and what he is doing here. Your wife here, almost made a disaster by trying to get him out of the house."

"Sorry, my Lady, she have made you problems, if I would have seen her faster, I'd have explained to her everything myself." Mike apologized with worried look present on his face while gently holding Nora's shoulders.

"Don't worry Mike, I came in time and nothing bad happened." I assured them. 

"But Kyra! Isn't he gorgeous? Now when I look at him ... And probably good at his job too!" Nora admired my bodyguard stepping closer to him examining from all angles with hands clasped together.

   Some other maids agreed to her, but didn't voice their own comments out loud in my presence. Some of them were new here so they were not so close to me, to share their thoughts. Bryce still looked unfazed by their compliments, like he never heard them or didn't care. I could see him studying every single person in the room, calmly and with unnoticeable stare, less intense than the way he is looking at me. Or maybe it is just my imagination, maybe my paranoid mind is making me think that way.

    Suddenly Nora seems to have lost all the interest in him as she approaches me : " Oh, sweetie! Your father is on the way home too, might be here any minute. Have he met Bryce already?"

"No, I haven't met him today and he certainly haven't seen him too."

"Is everything alright, Kyra? You seem to be worried."

"Don't pay so much attention to me, Nora. I am ALL fine! Just a little bit tired!" I gave her a warm smile, while gently rubbing her back."

   We all chatted for some time. Some younger maids were constantly eyeing Bryce an letting out some girly giggles, while male staff were closer to him, looking more interested in his beings technical side and asking him some random questions. I didn't pay much attention what they were saying. The only thing I noticed was my bodyguard's slight glances on my way.

"Oh oh hoo! What do we have here! A new family member?" I averted my gaze towards the sound, seeing my father standing on doorstep with wide grin on his face.