Chapter 22

Three months have passed since I have had a bodyguard.

    For couple of weeks I kept Bryce in my office, while I was working, waiting for a moment, when everybody will loose an interest in him. For that time period he was keeping me a company, he didn't talk much, so I had no problem with him being in the same room as long as I could do my work. I got to know him better. I paid more attention to his character and personality, realizing he was very kind and helpful. I also noticed his Analytical skills as well as his  curious and observant nature. He new lots of things - information about different topics, and in times I managed to have a conversation with him, Bryce made my time more enjoyable. Through these month Bryce have learned to mimic many human like emotions and behaviors, as well as body language.  His posture was more relaxed, he didn't walk around like a doll anymore. My bodyguard was doing a great job of pretending to be a real human.

     All my worries about him being infected had disappeared, haven't seen any abnormal behavior in him. I understand now I was too wary of any unusual and strange acts that were coming from him. This paranoia made me exaggerate things and make a big problem of it, where there was none, in fact from other people perspective, his behavior was completely normal.

     I got to know that robots can have artificial emotions to better communicate with us, or rather for us to correctly perceive their intentions. Though Bryce was still very serious 'man' most of the time.
     Still none of the people in my office building new he was an android, except Anna, but she new better to keep herself quite about his true identity.

     After reporters had discovered my photo with Bryce on network, they have been bombarding me with their interview requests. I told them he is my bodyguard for safety reasons, because of robot attack incidents in Amber city, but left out the information about him being a robot. I said them nothing else, as I really didn't care what they are thinking anymore. I would not feed the population's hunger for gossip. They tried to question Bryce too, but he was very good at keeping this a secret by ignoring their attempts. No one new his true identity, only people in my household, my friends and Anna.

      Sharlene and Laura had called me this morning, inviting me for a night out over a weekend. They want to go and see some weird fortune teller deeper in the city. I am very skeptical about this. I don't believe them and I think it is a waste of money. But for them it is more like a big entertainment. I will have to take Bryce with me, as that part of the city is quite shady and dangerous.

     Today I have another meeting with Mr Braun. We have talked over about his project couple of times already and today should be a day we sign the contracts and my family's company sponsors his new project. I get my documents ready. The meeting starts in half an hour, so I have little bit of time left  to get some calming tea. I decide to get it myself. Today is not the day I want to push anybody around  and serve me like a lady - I am. 

I step outside my office: "Hey, Bryce! I am just gonna get something to drink. You can stay here." giving him a small smile.

    He nods and flash a barely noticeable smile. It is such a contrast on his usually serious  and tough face. How I love those rare times he smiles. The first time he smiled, three months ago, put a strange spell on me. Sometimes I can't get that sight out of my head.

    I notice Victoria 'swimming' around the office quite close to my office door and Bryce. Though everyone have dismissed so mesmerizing Bryce after many weeks, she still keeps doing her flirtatious advances towards my robot.  I keep an eye on her as I go away to staff kitchen to make my tea in very light mood, thinking about Bryce's lovely smile.

     It's been a longest time I have ever made a tea - 10 minutes. Good it's still hot. I didn't notice myself daydreaming for so long. I exit the kitchen and slowly walk back to my office. As I almost reach a corner before my office door, I loose a grip on my teacup. It drops on the floor with a loud clang spilling all liquid on the floor. I stand there for a second which seems like an eternity, as I feel the anger rise inside of me. I could already feel the steam coming out of my ears and nose. I was mad like a bull.

    I see Victoria leaned against Bryce's large chest with her hands up holding his face as she is kissing him on his lips. I stand and watch as she is sucking his face like a leach. A shiver of disgust runs down my body as I see her 'passionately' kissing my bodyguard. I snap out of my current shock and storm towards them, snatching Victoria's hand away from Bryce.

"Get away from him!" I growl through my gritted teeth.

    She finally pulls herself  away from his body. She subtly wipes off her bright pink lips and gives me wicked smile. I lose my inner control and slap her hard across her cheek. "Do not touch my THINGS!"

    My breathing is rugged through my still closed teeth. I quickly grab my bodyguard's arm and start to pull him away, not looking back at Victoria's hurt and shock filled face.

    Bryce follows me obediently as I pull him towards a bathroom griping his arm tightly. As I open it's doors I see few woman starring in their reflections in the large mirrors. They all look at me, surprised of seeing a 'man' with me in woman's restrooms.

"Out! Everybody get out of here! Now!" I shout and wave with my hand at them.

 Without a word all of them scurry out of  the room. I look at Bryce, anger still seeping through my veins.

"Now wash yourself! Wash your face! I don't want to see a single germ of that bitch on your body!" I point at the sink and open a tap for water to run.

    He looks at me for a moment, bends down and slowly washes his face while glancing over me time to time. I stay next to him, trying to calm my nerves.

"Here, there is more of that lipstick!" I point at his face. "Why you didn't do anything, why you just stood there like a statue allowing her to fulfill her 'dirty' fantasies?"

Silence.

    I had enough. "How would you like to see me with some other man over me?" I said that and run through bathroom door leaving Bryce  behind. Before the door fully closed I heard him say loud enough for me to hear:

" I wouldn't... ... ... like it."