Chapter 11

Hey everybody! I want to share something with you all. Today I accidentally found one song of one of my favorite bands. The video fits so perfectly with my book's theme, like it was made for my book. I am still so excited about my found. It gave me a big inspiration for this chapter and for future chapters too. Enjoy the song, video and this chapter! Thank you all!

The picture above is suppose to be Bryce. It was a picture which partly inspired me to write about a robot - before I started this story. I had difficulties to find a picture with man who has this emotionless face fit for a robot, so I chose this one. :)

I intently looked at the capsule as it was opening slowly, making me nervous of what I will see in there. First I noticed two strong build legs. My gaze shifted higher up as the top of the coffin, which had already lifted up to the top, revealed the thing I will be in constant contact with in the future. My jaw dropped slightly when I got the full view of my bodyguard. He was very tall, very big. Even right now, while he was standing slightly above the ground, I could tell my own height reached only to his mid chest. It was broad with strong arms, a fine six pack - very muscly looking, if I could call those muscles. I doubt they are. His strong neck connected with his square jaw. Perfect angled eyebrows accented his calm and motionless face. My gaze reached the very top of his being noticing his grayish brown hair cut short with bit longer strands on top of his head. His white boxer pants covered his completely naked body. This android looked so peaceful right now, but at the same time very intimidating by his size and heavy build.

He looked SO NORMAL.

I mean, he didn't look like an ordinary citizen which were more skinnier and shorter, but I didn't find any part in him which represented his true nature - a robot.

"Ms? Let me give you this Micro-H-tab in which you can find all the instructions needed for his future use as well as your purchasing contract and all the information you have selected previously for this android." informed me the scientist who was admiring android as I did.

"Ahm... yes, OK!" I was still dumb folded by the thing I am facing now. Luckily all my nervousness have almost disappeared, seeing he is nothing like a regular robot.

"Do you want it to be switched on? We can go through basic manual right now if you are not in a hurry."

"No, I have plenty of time. You can do it." I said while looking at his manual in Micro-H-tab.

"OK Ms, there are two switch buttons located in his back. Come here, I'll show you!" he pressed some button witch extended a platform - together with an android, so we can get better look and access around him. Now he was placed almost at my level on the floor.

"See? Here between his shoulder blades is a hidden sensor which allows to open up a life switch panel." He presses on the skin on his back and his skin parted revealing two panels. under them I could see all the mechanics in him. It made my heart to fasten it's speed again by looking at his true being, what is inside of him - he is still a robot.

"Soo, here are two buttons, one is for his life support and the other one is for his consciousness. Can you see them? "

I had to get on my toes to see better what he was showing me. He pressed the first button...

"Aaah!" I let out a short quiet scream. His body made a move witch reminded me of deep breath intake. After that his body and chest started to move rhythmically - in steady intakes of air???

"Ahm... Sorry Ms Elkwood, did it scare you? I think you were not prepared for this, did you? It is a part of his life support set up. It doesn't do any good or bad for a robot itself, but it helps the people around him to perceive him as more human like being by making his body react to outside world as ours do. "

"Ahm alright, I get it... " I put my hand towards my mouth trying to swallow the moment what just happened. It really startled me... Oh God... I stepped back from android and returned in front of him. I continued to check my Micro-H-tab as the scientist was still mumbling something.

"OK, now I will switch the other button. Are you ready Ms?"

"Ahmm, yes!" at this moment I wasn't so sure anymore. I rise my eyes to look up at his calm human face.

His eyes slowly open, his gaze facing the far end of the room. Right after that he lowers his head slightly to look at me. Our eyes meet - I notice they are blue - unnaturally blue compared to a real human being, the same brightness as Angela's - like freshly cut gemstones. What material are they made of? His eyes are still on me boring into my soul, though his face expression is still neutral. It feels like eternity have passed, still we haven't stopped looking at each other. I get the feeling there is something else behind those deep blue eyes, this feeling I get while looking at him, totally different from other CyRo androids. I start to get a little anxious and intimidated - he doesn't stop starring at me.

"Ahhmm... excuse me! Is this normal?" I asked while backing away little bit from intimidating android.

"Normal? What exactly?" asked the older guy averting his attention to me from androids 'so interesting' back.

" The starring! He...he is starring at me for some time already..."

"Ohh that my dear! Haha ha! It is because he has nothing else to look at. You are right in front of him. HEY! SCS-6? Look at me!"

SCS-6 slowly in a calm motion averts it's gaze away from me to focus on a man beside me. ...thanks god...it stopped...

"See? He is perfectly normal. So do you have a name for him?"

"Name? Ahm no. Do I need one?"

"Well, you can call him SCS-6, but I think it would be much easier for everybody to give him a real human name. But remember you can not change it afterwards. It is a one time thing."

"OK, let me think... BRYCE... I will call him Bryce."

I didn't notice while I was talking with CyRo man, but this android - I mean Bryce was again starring right in to my eyes. It started to give me creeps. Am I only one who is seeing this? Two other young man have been silent since they came here, writing down some things time to time. Maybe they are some new employees or students. The old man seems to know a lot more about this.

"That's a good name! Very rare, I haven't heard it around a lot. ........ So I have set him up with a new name. You can still use his original series number as his name, he still will respond to it."

"OK! Thank you a lot!"

"Now, you just have to dress him up and you both can leave!"

Dress him up? What?