Chapter 10

I look down at my dirty hands, scrubbing the thin layer of soil coating my delicate skin. Just few more saplings have to be planted in my edible plant section. Hopefully they will survive till harvesting time. Most of them are too weak to last even first few weeks. Many times the best option is just to leave them to depend on themselves, to leave them so the nature can do it's work.

„My Lady? It's already time to go." I turn around and see Mike standing between the lush bushes covering the entrance in the small greenhouse section.

„Is it time already? I didn't notice. ... Just give me a moment to clean up myself" I gave him a nervous smile as he nodded in agreement.

    I came here early this morning to relieve myself from anxiety witch have been present for last two days – especially today. I had to calm down myself by doing some work here and let my mind to focus on other things than a new android. But Mike managed to pull me back to reality just now. Just a thought of robot in my home made me feel on edge. As I was washing my dirty hands I felt my heart start racing a bit faster. In no time I will be faced with this machine who will follow me everywhere. I close my eyes and took a deep breath. I have to calm myself. This is ridiculous. It is just an android. Not everyone is malfunctioning. It is just a normal thing. Just a normal thing.

   I was silent all way to the CyRo Technologies. Even Mike didn't say anything, knowing it is better to leave me with my own thoughts in my own world to process everything at this moment. My dad couldn't come and my two friends were busy too. Laura was so upset she couldn't come. It would have helped me too if she would be next to me, taking my anxious thoughts elsewhere – or maybe not. She would probably talk all the way about this android. It was the only thing she was thinking about lately. When everything will be over I might give away him to her. She would be very pleased. If I could be so relaxed and happy about the new android as she is.

We stopped. Mike opened my door and waited for me to exit the car. I was just sitting there for a moment until I noticed him.

„Oh! Sorry Mike! I was just daydreaming!" I said him while looking down at my slightly trembling hands. „OK! Here we go!" I took a deep breath and pulled myself out of the car. „See you later Mike!"

„I will be waiting here for you my Lady."

Inside I noticed Angela siting behind her desk as always. She greeted me and lead me away in direction I have never been before – slightly behind her desk was a double sliding door made of glass with CyRo's logo on it. Behind it was a large room with blinding white walls of glass . I squinted my eyes by a sheer brightness of ceiling lights. It took me a moment to adjust my eyesight . The front wall was full with ghostly looking coffin like capsules, dim light coming from behind them, casting a slight shadow in front of it. On top of each coffin was sign which looked like number of android model. On one of them was written RTK – 267, on other one RTK – 163, the same as on Angela's tag. I got the feeling this is the place where the clients receive their finished products. So mine should be here too, but which? From outside they all look the same and I didn't pay much attention what line of model is my android.

The other door on the left opened and tree man walked in. One with short blond hair and glasses, other one was with black mohawk tied in a ponytail. And the third one was much older- around 35 or 40 years old with dark brown hair which already have started getting its shade of grey. One thing was common in all tree of them, they all were the same modern white lab coats like Mr Cahlfer.

„Are you Ms Elkwood?" the older one asked me.

„Yes, it is me."

„Great! Is this your first android?" asked the old man with with excitement gleaming in his eyes. He must like his job by the way he acted.

„Uhm... yes, it is."

„Great, congratulations with your first... first android! Guys! Open the capsule SCS-6. Come, come this way Ms Elkwood. He is over here, right here. A fine specimen indeed. It has all the attributes for a perfect machine. You must be very rich to afford such a luxurious thing." mumbled crazy scientist.

We stopped in front of one of the capsules, standing beside it I noticed it was larger than other ones. Young man with mohawk pressed a button on his Micro-H-tab and the capsule slowly opened up.

Looking at the half opened capsule I felt my heart stop.