Chapter 32

Yesterday I finally got to know, that Bryce is not infected. I was so relieved to hear the results from Angela. Bryce came not too long after she delivered the news. He looked like on the day I got him, emotionless, calm. Like he was all new again. Did they do something to him? When he left, he had a mixture of emotions playing on his strong face, but now every trace of it was gone. What happened in there? What kind of test was it? I was little bit worried now and I didn't know about what. Just an uneasy feeling filled my body. He came closer and I instinctively backed off. He was still scarring me. Now it seemed for a different reason. Standing near him right now felt, like I am standing next to a completely different being. The only thing that seemed to be the same, was his starring, but it was a little bit different. There was something in his eyes, but again I couldn't describe, what I saw. My eyes were still teary, as I looked in his bright blue ones.

     One guy who came with him said: „We noticed, that he is damaged, here on his jaw and here, as well on his chest - pretty bad injury." He pointed at the scratches. „You should take better care of him, Lady!"

„A better care? It wasn't my fault, he got these!" I pointed back at my android. „I didn't ask him to do the stuff he did."

„Calm down, honey!" quietly said my dad. „Mr! He is receiving a very good care from us. Don't dare to just assume.  It was just an accident."

       I could tell my father was getting irritated my this guy's comment. I said it wasn't my fault, but actually it was. He did these things for me, to save me. And in return, he got injured. Because I was so dumb to go there  in a first place. His jaw and ...

„What? Is he injured somewhere else?" I was surprised.

„Yes. He has pretty serious scratch on his chest. I will give you special cream for it, for his skin to recover and heal."

„Heal?"

„Well, it sort of heals the skin. In fact it is made of microscopic robots, which will help to fix the skin, you could say – repair." He gave me a tiny jar of it. „Apply it on his wounds  and in few days time his skin should look like new. And you have to apply it yourself. Because his skin is not organic, he cannot touch it, otherwise the robots can do some damage instead of healing,"

„OK."

     I was so confused. The information this guy told was something new to me. CyRo have come up with some very advanced technologies – something I have never heard before.

      I looked at Bryce and his scratched jaw. It looked bad. The skin on the edge of it was off and some smaller scratches were  on his cheek. I remember, he dodged that dagger attack just in time. If he wouldn't... I didn't want to think about, what would have happened to him then. It could have pierced his head or damaged some other vital part on his head. I felt a guilt seep through me. I couldn't believe it was because of me, my fault. My emotions were hanging on a tiny thread at this moment. I could feel another wave of tears appearing. I didn't want to cry. Not now. Looking so vulnerable in front of everyone. I closed my eyes and inhaled a deep breath, still holding on to my dad.

******

     Right now I had to go and apply that cream on Bryce, which was given by CyRo's employer. I really didn't want to. The thought alone made me nervous. I could still see the images of that night, when he killed those man. And what he did to me. Sharlene and Laura said, he did not mean harm, but the look on his face scared the living soul out of me. He could have approached me differently, more calmly or have said something and maybe I wouldn't have run away. And his hold on me was so tight, I almost couldn't breath. I could feel his strength and it scared me. I don't know, how I can calmly approach him now. I feel my hands are trembling slightly just of that thought - being so close to him again.