Chapter 39

For a second I thought, he is off completely – dead, as this kind of situation have never happened before. I was waiting for his response. He was still lying in my bed on his back, just looking at me with blank face expression.

„Oh, my god! Bryce! Answer me!" I got closer to him and put my hands on the sides of his face, shaking him gently. „Bryce!" I could feel a tiny bit of tears well in my eyes. „Wake up!"

He blinked. Bryce rose up, knocking me backwards by his sudden movement, but before I could hit my bed, he grabbed me by my upper arms, holding me in place.

„I am fine, Kyra! Don't worry!" he said with a small frown on his face.

„How? No, you are not! Did you see yourself right now! You did not respond. And... and ... what happened to you?" I was slightly panicking.

My head was still hurting like mad, but it was nothing, compared to my beating heart.

„I will call CyRo. I can't leave it like this."

„Don't..... don't do it." his hold got tighter on my arms.

„NO! BRYCE! I will do it. You need to see a doctor. I... I mean – a mechanic."

„A doctor? You need to see a doctor yourself. Do you even know, what happened to you last night?" he rose his voice. Bryce have never talked to me in such tone, it shook my being. My hands made a slight shiver, I got out of his grasp and backed off a little bit farther away from him.

„What? What happened?" I asked, my voice quiet and unsure.

     He observed me for a moment, his eyes lingering on my body, on my almost naked form, for too long. Too long for my comfort. I averted my gaze back at myself. Why I suddenly felt uncomfortable in his presence? It have never bothered me, Why now? I scooped up a lavender colored sheet up to my neck, to cover myself and shield it from his stare.

     Bryce's eyes came back to mine: „You really don't remember.    ....    Somebody drugged you and who knows with what. You were a total mess, could be a complete mess in someone else's arms, if I wouldn't have found you in time. He could have been able to do anything to you, I could be able to do anything and you wouldn't even know it." His tone was harsh, as he was scolding me like my dad.

„You... y... you did something to me?" I looked back at my naked form.

There was a long pause, his gaze piercing through mine.

„No! But you did!"

    A frown appeared on my face, as I desperately tried to remember last night. Nothing came to my mind. The last thing I could picture, was crowd of people and blurry sight of disco lights hitting my eyes. What happened to me after that? Did really someone was trying to harm me? And Bryce? Did he too? He said, I did something to him? What exactly? What did I do? Before I could open my mouth for another question, Bryce climbed out of my bed and left me alone. I was sitting, puzzled and totally clueless of nights events.

   A sharp pain shot through my brain and continued it's torture. Never in my life I have had such headache. I rubbed my forehead between my eyes to relieve some of it. It must have been something strong, that caused me to loose all my memory, control of myself and what else not, leaving me with scrutinizing pain. Maybe I should really see a doctor?

As that thought came to mind, I remembered about Bryce and his malfunction episode minutes before. I can wait, first, I have to call CyRo. He needs help.

     I find my ring on a table next to my bed, pressing a button on it's surface, I get a hologrammic screen with my contacts. Before a call, I put an earring type device on my ear, to hear a call from other side. Finding CyRo, I call them immediately. I notice Bryce coming back in view. His clothes are the same from last night, his stare firm on me. I feel my body freeze of the intensity of his glare and a menacing look of his appearance.

„ You have been connected to CyRo Technologies main office reception. How can I help?"

I visibly swallowed a lump in my constricting throat, as I was watching Bryce staring me down. „Hello? Hello?" I heard a voice calling for me.

I snapped out of my frozen state: „ Uhm.. Hello?"

„Hello! How can I help you Ms?" The person on other side sounded like Angela.

„I need to make an appointment. My android seems to be malfunctioning, he needs a check up."

„When do you wish it to be done?"

„If possible, today."

„OK. When? And what is your name?"

„After 2 hours. My name is Kyra Elkwood."

„OK! We will be waiting for you.?" Angela replied in kind voice.

    The whole time my eyes were fixed on Bryce. He didn't look pleased. I disconnected the call and with shaking hands put the ring on my finger, I will need it anyway. I inhaled a deep breath and collected myself. It has to be done!

Looking back at my android, I said in hard tone: „Change and get ready! You can't show up there in such a look!"

****

     We were waiting beside Angela for a CyRo's mechanic to arrive and take Bryce for check up. There must be something up with his systems. And I know, it has nothing to do with his infection. From the information I have received so far, I know that SEB infects only the main chip of a robot and do not damage any mechanics or such.

     Bryce is very upset about all this, he does not want to come here. Seems like he doesn't even care about his own life. How does it come, he cares more about me than himself? Do I really have take all responsibility about his life. He has normal functioning 'brain' himself. He should be aware, that possible damages to his system, can end his existence. Maybe he is afraid, they will find out about the SEB infection? But the first time he got through and this is not the testing for a virus. He should be OK.