Chapter 29

I closed the old, rusty door. I felt my hands were trembling slightly. What Myra told me, shocked me to the core. I never expected her to be a real thing, to really see my future. She didn't lie about her powers. Though, the future for my friends seemed to be nothing special, for me it was something to worry about.

     Back, when I was younger, I thought my nightmare was just a traumatic symptom of loosing my mother, nothing real, more than abstract emotions of the tragedy in my life. But now, hearing Myra's prediction, I realized, it had nothing to do with my mother's death. It was my future. Will be. Now, I quietly prayed, I will not see the day, when it will become reality. It is a scary thing. Just a thought of it, makes me cover in fear - mentally. I remember her saying, it is not how it looks like. The pictures can be interpreted in different ways, they can have a hidden meaning, totally different of what is seen in her artwork. Maybe  I shouldn't worry so much about it, it could mean something totally different. But she cried. Like she was in that emotional pain herself. And she sent me away. Why? I want to know badly, why? Does she know more than she managed to say?

       I was in deep thoughts, as I walked the street. The only thing I registered, was the crumbly concrete path under my feet. I didn't hear anything, nor see a thing around me, like the world didn't exist at this moment.

"Hey, little princess!"

      I heard a low, growling voice. I snapped out of my thoughts and lifted my blue eyes at the place, where the voice was coming from. Seeing  three, dangerously looking, man in front of me and one robot. Two of them young and slim. The third one was much bigger and older, with long dreaded hair. A shiny object was in his glowed hands - a knife. A big one. The robot in this kind of situation was not good as well. Now I realized, I am in big danger. I looked back at the alleyway, noticing I have gone quite a way from "Mirage". Why did I go so far from there. Why I didn't pay attention to my surroundings? I am so stupid. I saw no one on the dimly lit streets. Just these three snickering man.

"W... what do you want?" I said timidly, clearly afraid of sudden encounter.

"What do you have?" said the old man, his dirty smile never laving his face.

       I had nothing with me. Nothing valuable. Just my ring. I was so nervous. I looked at his knife, which was still in his hand, glowing menacingly. What does he need that for? He is no thinking to  .... right? I could hardly move, by the paralyzing fear, that hold my body.

"What? Lost your tongue?" he growled again.

"N.. no. I have nothing. Believe me." I was holding both of my arms against my thighs in attempt to stop their trembling.

"Don't play with us, princess!" he swiftly stepped much closer to me, showing me his dagger. He stopped and looked at me, eyeing me from head to toe. "I have seen you somewhere." he looked at me again. "Right! Now I know where. You are that old, rich dude's daughter, right? What was his name..." he turned to his man for a hint. "Ahh, yes. Elkwood, was it? I can't believe we have caught a real princess!" he laughed. "Now, how does it come, you don't have anything? You are clearly lying!" he shouted, making me flinch of his hard voice.

"I ... I am not lying. I swear. I have nothing." I felt a few hot tears sliding down my cheeks. "Here! take my ring. It is all I have. It ... it is a high quality and very expensive." with trembling hands I took my ring and and gave it to him. For a minute, he was examining it, and then looked back at me. Right now I didn't know what to expect from him. I couldn't run, he was too close to me, he would catch me on the spot. If he wouldn't, than his friends would have a chance to get me. The robot standing beside them, looked as terrifying as all of them. He was damaged. Might be infected. I remembered Carlos information. North Amber was the most dangerous place and full of infected machines. I couldn't be in a worst situation, as I am now. I am so unlucky today. I stepped back, trying to get some safe distance between us. Another step. And another. And a.. I couldn't go any further, as I felt a cold wall behind my back. I started to sob quietly, realizing I have nowhere to go. I was trapped. Tears were falling like waterfalls on my cheeks and down to my chin, wetting the fine fabric on my chest. "Pl... p... please! Let me go! Let me go!"