A living THING

Hey! This is my very very first story of mine. It have been in my mind for a while, so I want to share it with you readers. English is not my first language, so there might be some grammar or spelling mistakes.

I really would like to hear some feedback about this story from you who are reading this.

I was walking home from my workplace. So tired, I didn't pay much attention around me. When suddenly something hit me, rather 'somebody'. It seemed to be a young man, but when I took a closer look at him, I realized, it was a robot - one for office work. I didn't have time to inspect him, when suddenly he grabbed my neck and started to strangle me. What's happening? I started to get low on breath. I tried to pry his strong hands from my neck. This is the end of me I thought to myself. How can I possibly fight against a robot? He is stronger than a human. Then I heard whistles and people shouting nearby- so barely. I was loosing oxygen and any strength to fight him back. As I was clawing and scraching his face in attempt to get away from his hold, I heard a faint sizzling and a gunshot and someone collapsing on me. I felt the hands of the robot to loosen and finally gasped for so much needed air. It took me a while to get my senses back.

I saw people around me and policeman - human and robot. The attacker was beside me on the ground. It's head was severely damaged - probably from the gunshot I heard. On his back I noticed a spider like device still shooting a lethal amount of electricity in him which was making the sizzling sound I heard earlier. So strong electric shots are used only on robots. For humans it would be lethal. One of the policeman asked me:

" Are you OK? Are you hurt? Phil, call the medics!" the policeman said to another one of his colleagues.

For me everything still was a fuzz. I almost couldn't distinguish all the sounds around me. Somebody pulled me up and put me up on a gurney. Medical stuff asked me something, but I couldn't understand what they were saying.

I woke up in a quiet, cream colored room. Recognizing the pastel tones of one of the most expensive hospitals in the city. I guess my father have asked to place me here. It feels more homie than in an ordinary city hospital. I can't stand to stay in those places. The light greenish/blue color makes me feel lonely and cold. I feel like a lab rat. But here everything is made to make us feel like at home. In some of the rooms there are expensive decorations and paintings, hologrammic computers to entertain ourselves. Off course for a reasonable price. Thanks to my father we can afford it. I was looking out the window to the beautiful Amber city outside, when I heard door of my room open. It was my father. He gave me a big smile.

"Are you ready to go home, honey?" my father asked me with that big, white and kind smile of his.

His age was 52, but he still looked very handsome. With short cut light grey hair, which looked almost white. He was still in a very good physical shape. My father really cares about his health and well being. He have made sure to provide me the best medical treatment in the city. He doesn't have his office outfit today. I am sure he took the day off because of me. He doesn't have to report for not being at work because he is a Boss in his own business. My family for almost 4 generations owns a power company. We provide an energy generating supplies for all kinds of businesses and devices. I could almost say this city runs only because of my family's investment in it.

" How are you feeling, Kyra? Are you ready to go home? I bet you are already tired of this place, knowing how much you like to spend time at home."

"Sure. I can't wait to get some work for my 'tired ' legs. How long was I 'out'?"

"Nurse told me only for 26 hours. You were in shock when they got you. Don't you remember anything?"

"No. After that guy... I mean that robot let me go ... no... . Do you now anything?"

" Only what I heard from the police officer. It appears to be some malfunctioning office android. But I have never heard about non war robot attacking a person. There really must be something wrong with it. Police is doing investigation on the case now. I asked one of my personal detectives to investigate as well. Maybe someone tried to hurt you intentionally. That would be more reasonable explanation I am afraid."

"Yeah, might be. But I don't know anyone who would do that, dad!"

"I will ask Carlos for more info after you and me get home. Get ready and lets go, honey!" smiled my father.