Chapter 35

„Kyra? Do you want to go with us to dance?"

„Dance? Not really. You know very well, I don't like to."

„Please! You might find some hottie out there. You need one. Are you planning to stay single forever?"

„Laura, I am not interested. It is not place for me and not the right place to find a guy."

„OK. You don't have to dance, we will. You can enjoy some time by a bar. There is lot of 'fish' around there too. You know what I mean."

„Alright. BUT I am not going to stay there whole night."

„Aahh ha ha!" I heard Laura squeak in happiness. „It is been a long time, Kyra. We will have lots of fun."

„Yeah, fun for you!" I rolled my eyes. „Then see you tonight, I guess?"

„Sure thing, honey! And don't forget to take Brycy!"

„Bryce? No man will come near me, seeing him."

„Don't worry, I will take care of him. Bye!"

„Bye!" I replied quietly after disconnecting Laura's call.

      I wonder, what kind of place Laura will pick this time. She is clubbing very often and she knows lots of places, I have never been to. Last time I went together with her, for a night out, we ended up in a fighting arena type of disco place. It was crazy. Place was full with drunk people, smoke filled the air, people dancing while watching fights. How is that even possible? Watching people hit each other and dance in the same time. I remember, I was frozen in place most of the time. I could not move by the fright I was having, not even thinking about dancing. OK. That place is for Laura, as it is full with gorgeous man with no clothing. A paradise for her, I guess.

    I got to go to much more formal events, where people were talking most of the time about businesses, politics, arrangements and that kind of things. I had to visit huge banquets and dinner parties, nothing like Laura's preferred places. Again, I felt nervous about the night. I didn't feel comfortable around so many people, around so many crazy people. Thankfully, Bryce is going to be with me, which makes me less afraid of something happening to me.

I have to find something to wear. If I would know, what kind of place it is, I would have easyer time to choose my outfit.

***

       There is one weird thing about Bryce. It is been more than two month since the attack in north Amber, but his wounds are still not healed. Now there is a scar on his jaw and chest. I used all the contents of the jar, that contained CyRo's healing cream, but it did nothing to help him. His smooth and perfect skin seems to be damaged forever. I suggested, we should go to CyRo and ask for more or at least get some information, why it is not working on him, but he refused and said he is fine with it – the scar on his face. Now he looks even more threatening than before.

      I hear Laura and Sharlene behind the door. I am fixing my look and let Bryce to open the door for them.

"Hey, girls!" I hear him say and I can imagine his smile, noticing his tone of greeting.

"Ha haa, Brycy! Are you ready?" Laura is hugging his torso, because she is too small to give him a normal hug.

       I feel a smile appear on my own lips, as I see her so 'in love' with him. She always have had a big heart.

         Both of my friends glances at me, eying my outfit. It is a one piece clothing - a top with short fitting shorts, which is in purple color mix. On my neck is a tight necklace with light reflector in the same color as the outfit. My hair are loose and my eye makeup is much darker than usual.

"Oh my god, hottie! Just look at your eyes! They are so bright! That makeup of yours have done an amazing job of accenting them." Sharlene came closer to me and looked at my face and whole me. She moved her eyes to Bryce, who was standing near me and then back at me. There was a emotion on her face I could not describe - a shocking realization or something. "Laura, look at them." she tugged her to get Laura's attention. "They are so much alike."

"What? Are you high already? They both are nothing like each other." Laura was making hand movements to show how we are different in size and such.

"No, you empty headed dummy! Their eyes! .... Look at their eyes. They are almost identical, the color of them, so bright. And there is that spark in them, in both of their eyes, do you see?"

"The eye color, yes, but other than that. What kind of sparks do you see? The only sparks they have, is the insides of Brycy. You must be high or something!" was Laura's response.

      I couldn't stop smiling, seeing both of my girls friendly arguing. A small giggle escaped from me. I haven't felt like this for some time. The light mood my friends gave in, was making me feel relaxed and happy, free of worry. Looking at my bodyguard, I really saw that gleaming in his eyes, almost always present. But I never saw such a thing in my own. It really must be something that Bryce only has. I turned back to look in the mirror to see, if my outfit was OK. I moved my eyes up to see my eyes in reflection, I could not see anything, only their brightness, contrast between my makeup and their natural blue color.

"Kyra!"

"Hmm?"

"I have something for your 'boy' too." Laura had a mischievous smile present on her face.

"What is it?"

"A new outfit for tonight! Tha dha!" She swiftly pulled out some clothing from her extra bag, incredibly excited.

"What is that? Does he really need it? He has plenty himself."

"It is something more fitting for a place we are going. Brycy always looks so formal, he need some change of style. This will be good enough for him to blend in with others in a place we are heading to. Nobody needs to know, he is your bodyguard."

"Show me! What is it?"

She grabbed my android's arm and pulled him behind a wall in to the living room.

"Just a minute. You will get to see, after I am done dressing him."

"I think you wanted some time alone and do what you want with him, rather than just to dress him up, right?" Sharlene said to a disappearing form of Laura.

       After some time they came out and a look of him scared me a little bit. The only thing that managed to keep myself calm, was his slight smile and relaxed face expression. Bryce had a black sleeveless jacket with a backbone resembling metallic accessories covering the back of it, where the real backbone should be. His chest was bare under it, showing everything he had on his body. A thick black metal belt was around his hips securing his black thick pants. Two same colored metal bracelets were on his arms, one smaller other one reaching almost to his elbow. Well, he did not look crazy, but the contrast between his previous clothes and now, made him look dangerous. A bad boy he seemed like. And his scarred jaw just added more roughness to him. He definitely did not leave the impression of the bodyguard.

"Kyra, just don't freak out! Remember, it is only Bryce."

"Don't worry. I am fine." I rubbed my forehead to remove the imaginary sweat. "What kind of place is it you are taking us?"

"You will like it. I did not pick anything crazy this time, trust me."

"I want to believe you, Laura."