Chapter 31

What should I do? I don't know. The chaos in my mind was too big to come up with something. Should I get rid of him? Send him back to CyRo's? And what they will do to him? I didn't want to think about it. When I got Bryce, they said, his set up cannot be changed. It means they would destroy him. Tear him apart and most likely recycle him. I felt a tear leave my eyes. He would be gone forever. But what can I do? As strange as it sounds, I don't want him to be gone. If he is 'sick', I want to help him. I want to find the way to cure him, if there is any. What if there is not? He will be like this forever, or maybe worse. I cannot live like that, feeling constant fear of him, waiting for a day he snaps, the day he is going to loose control of himself. I have to talk to my dad. He might know, what to do with him. He has more knowledge about robots.

"Sharlene? Can you give me your ring. I lost mine. I have to call my dad." I said quietly.

"Here. It is yours. Bryce found it between those man." She put the silvery ring in my palm. "And your father is on his way. We called him earlier to come and pick you up."

      The atmosphere in my apartment was heavy and gloomy. My friends were not in their usually cheerful mood and me with Bryce were not saying much. Actually he haven't said anything since I woke up. He seemed to be upset, but I didn't know about what. He haven't even spared me a single glance, just that one look, when I saw him after waking up. Again he was acting strange. But it was so subtle, so I doubt my friends noticed it. What is this sickness? What does it do to him? My thoughts were interrupted by Laura's soft touch.

"Kyra, we will have to leave you now. We have some urgent things to do. Your dad is coming. Just wait for him and don't worry."

"No.. no, please! Don't leave me now. Not now!" I felt a panic rise in me again.

"Calm down. Don't start again. Everything is gonna be OK. He is not gonna do anything to you. Understand?"

"No.... Please girls. Stay with me little bit longer. Don't leave me with him alone." tears were falling as I clawed Laura's arms, trying to keep her beside me.

"We can't anymore. We were already with you, though we were supposed to be somewhere else. Sorry, we have to go. Try to calm yourself and wait for him. Bryce here is not gonna touch you. Don't worry."

      They gave me goodbye kisses and left me. I was quietly sobbing on the edge of my bed. I felt so lonely. The sun was setting and it made my room darken. The night shading on the windows were on, so it made my room even darker. Lights were off, but I had no intention to turn them on. I didn't dare to look in my living room's direction. I new, he was still standing there, haven't moved. He was there, but looked like his mind was somewhere else. I started to feel conscious, as the only sound hearable in my apartment was my sobbing. I needed to calm down. I wiped my eyes of the salty tears. My friends have changed my clothes and I felt the white shirt, I was wearing, was wet in places, where my tears have fallen. Carefully I turned my head to see Bryce's form. He had different clothes too. Last night his hands were bloody, his shirt torn on his chest, his hair was quite messy too. Nothing of it was visible now. A shiver run through my body remembering his look. How can someone so good looking be so scary?

     Having calmed down, I sat on my bed in silence. It felt like I haven't moved forever. I heard a click noise coming from a doorway. Seconds later my father entered my apartment. He had his formal outfit and was short on breath.

"Kyra, honey! Are you alright?" he run towards my bed and hugged me tightly.

       I hold his fit body close to mine. A fresh flood of tears started pour from my eyes, feeling his embrace. I didn't want to let him go. He was my only safety now.