Chapter 1:

Tasha: "AVIS,"  I said, "Status update."

“Steve is at home. He brought dinner," AVIS said. I nodded and went in for landing on my balcony.  I pulled in my suit and walked in.

"There is my beautiful girlfriend," Steve said getting up from the couch.

“Sorry," I said, "I went for a flight after work and just lost track of time."

“No problem. I only came back from a quick run with Sam 20 minutes ago,” Steve said, walking over to me and kissing my forehead.

“So how are you today?” I asked, walking into my living room and sitting down on my overstuffed couch.

“I’m good,” Steve said, “And I brought dinner.” He motioned to the table, which had several cardboard boxes with red Chinese symbols on the side.

“Yay!” I said, “I’m starving.”

“So how’s Stark?” Steve asked, pulling my chair out for me and waiting for me to sit down.

“Which?” I asked.

“The company,” Steve said, “You know I could care less about the man.”

“Well, the companies running smoothly,” I said, “Nothing new today. I’m working on a new computer to run to help some of our newer supers out with getting to know their powers. And maybe possibly a system to help diagnose them at birth.” Steve nodded. I was working for Stark Industries as a Prototyper, or inventor.  I was doing well, the head of my department. I think Tony saw more for me, but I was happy where I was. Many of my colleagues claimed they thought I was only where I was because I was Tony’s daughter, but I doubted any of them would go head to head with me with their inventions.

“Well, in times like these, giving up your powers is giving up something pretty big,” Steve said, taking a plate of Mongolian Beef.

“I take it that means you aren’t willing to do it then,” I said.

“Correct,” Steve said with a laugh, “I’ll do anything for you, but not that.”

I laughed to myself, “So what have you done all day?”

“Oh you know,” Steve said, sitting back, “Attempted to show Bucky who he really is.”

“And you’re asking about my day,” I muttered, “Any news.”

“Its slow, but he trusts me much more now,” Steve said, “I don’t think I’ll ever get him back all the way though.”

“You can’t give up on his though,” I said, “Just remember that he still want to know.”

“I wouldn’t ever give up on him,” Steve said.

“I’m glad to hear to had a good day,” I said, “You seem to be lacking in that department.”

“Can I ask you an important question,” Steve said.

“No Steve,” I said sarcastically, “Never.”

“This is serious,” Steve said. I nodded

“Go ahead,” I said.

Steve nodded and stood up. He got down on one knee next to me, “Natasha, our world has gone haywire, but you stay with me anyway. You’ve been with me through some of the worst of my life. And  I think that I need a little hope in times like these. So Natasha Stark-Pells, will you marry me?”

I was speechless as Steve’s fingers found a diamond ring. This was real. But I was 19. It was crazy. But these days, a little crazy seemed to be the ticket.

“Yes,” I said, “Yes I will marry you.” 

Natasha Stark: Actजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें