Chapter 22

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

I lay on the bed, Lyla's head on my chest. She had her arms wrapped around my chest, and i smiled. She's so cute.

Tomorrow, I'm going to ask her out on an official date.

The thought made me happy, sending warm thoughts to my brain.

I remember kissing her. It was soft, slow, and i never want to forget that feeling.

But the important thing was, i told her. We're okay now. That heavy weight on my shoulders i felt for so long, that guilt that ate at my brain forever, was just gone.

** next morning

I yawned, stretching out my legs. Ouch. What did i just kick?

"Ow." I heard someone mumble.

I sit up, and widen my eyes. "Sorry, Lyla!" I whisper.

She opens her eyes, rubbing her foot. "It's okay."

Then she gasps. "My dad must be home!"

"Is he okay with this?" I gesture around.

"No! Get out before he sees you!" She laughs.

I chuckle, pushing myself off of her bed.

"I'll wait for you in the lobby. Come down as fast as you can." I silently tiptoe to the door.

With one swift move, Lyla slips me out, and closes the door softly.

I wait impatient down at the lobby, sitting on the couch and drumming my fingers.

Then, she walks out of the elevator.

"Hey." She sits down next to me.

"I have something to ask you officially." I say, taking her hand.

"Okay." She smiles.

"Will you go on a date with me?" I intertwine my fingers with her's, and rest them on my leg.

Lyla looks at me, her lips twitching.

"Well i mean i think we're together." She says, her lips spreading into a smile.

"Does that mean a yes?" I asked flaunting those baby blue eyes that she loves so much.

"I guess, yes." She grins, and kisses me on the cheek. Her kiss wasn't a quick peck, it was a soft one, and i can still feel her warm lips and minty breath.

"We're going somewhere special." I say, itching my nose.

If only one small kiss on the cheek will make me feel this way, i don't know what she'll do to me when we....

Oops. Did my mind just go there?

She's driving me insane.

"Earth to Patty?" Lyla nudges my arm.

"What?" I ask.

"I said, i need to go upstairs and tell dad first. I also need to change..." She gestures down at her hoodie and sweatpants.

"Fine with me. Can i come?" I give her my puppy eyes again.

"Don't use those blues on me!" She warns, "But alright, you can come."

We both walk to the elevator hand in hand, like a real couple.

"Patrick! Pleasure to see you again." Lyla's dad's gruff voice welcomed me.

"Mr.Wes, how are you?" I ask politely.

"Good. You've been stealing Lyla away, haven't you?" He says jokingly.