Chapter 7

*Lyla's P.O.V.*

I woke up in a strange room, on a bed. There was a hand on me.

I screamed.

I heard footsteps across the room, then the lights turned on, causing me to scream in fear.

"Relax Lyla! It's me, Patrick." The blonde boy smiled comfortably, walking closer.

Then, everything from the drunk man to the alley way flooded into my brain. I let out a cry, sobbing uncontrollably.

I held my head in my hands, as Patrick just stood there watching me cry.

I looked down at my hands to see the scrapes and cuts were bandaged.

"Patrick.....," i whisper, "please, PLEASE tell me what happened," i sobbed, my body racking with each word.

"Nothing. Nothing happened. Do you think I would've let that bastard touch you?" Patrick slowly sat himself down next to me, offering his hand.

At first i didn't take it, but sooner or later, my sobs gave in. I felt dizzy, and i leaned in him for support.

"Please, PLEASE. What happened? Just tell me the truth." I let out a hiccup, and i was breathing fast.

Oh no.

Please, not now.

I'm having a panick attack.

For the next 20 minutes, i had small bursts of panick attacks.

I cried, i shivered, i hiccupped, my whole body shaking.

Strong, muscular arms wrapped around my shaking form, calming me.

"Lyla, listen to me." Patrick stroked my hair softly, and i buried my head into his chest, tear staining his shirt.

"Nothing happened. I'm telling the truth. He was about to......uh.......you know, but i was there. Lyla, i heard your screams. They were so full of fear. I ran out immediately, i stopped him. I threw him off you, i........ ....i knocked him out." Patrick says, shushing me.

My breathing steadied, and my cries became controlled, giving off a sniff here and there.

"Really?" My voice broke, "nothing happened?"

"Nothing." His sure tone confirmed my doubts.

I sighed, my breath shaking.

That's when i realized the amount of physical pain i was in. I put my hand up to my head, and find it bandaged.

"He hit you with a brick." Patrick shook his head, angry. He softly touched the wound, my head flinching.

I looked at my treated wounds, cuts, scrapes, and bruises.

"Did we go to the hospital?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm sorry, if you didn't want to. They ran a series of tests. I had to make sure he didn't hurt you. To make sure he didn't touch you." He ended on a sad note, the both of us knowing what he means.

I almost got raped.

I shivered, and Patrick immediately pulled me close, his body heat warming me.

"My dad? Does he know about this?" I asked.

"Yes. They contacted him at the hospital. He's on his way here."

"Oh...........I.........." i looked down at the shirt i was wearing. No doubt was it Patrick's. "Where's my clothes?"

"I don't think you want to see them." Patrick says softly.

I look at him, his eyes hiding something.

"What? Just show me." I say firmly.

He went into his bathroom, and came back out with my clothes. I almost didn't recognize them. The shirt was ripped and blood stained, while my pants where coated with dirt.

Seeing my clothes, everything that happened pictured into my mind.

The sharp stink of his breath, his heavy body on top of me.

"No, please." I shook my head, running back to the bed. I crawled in quickly, throwing the covers over my head. "No, PLEASE." i repeated, the images flashing over and over in my head.

"Lyla." Patrick's hands worked in the covers, trying to get them out of my fists. "LYLA!" He yelled, shocking me.

He jolted me back to reality, where the guy was NOT on top of me. I was with him, at his apartment. Just then, I heard noise outside the door.

"What's that?" I say, alarmed.

"I live with Jonathan." Patrick explained, "he's here too."

My heart sank. I dont want this to get out.

"He doesn't know much," Patrick says, reading my thoughts, "And if he did, i assure you, he wouldn't tell anyone, he wouldn't judge you."

Patrick held his arms out, and i didn't even hesitate. He saved me out there.

I felt safe in his arms, his light eyes telling me that everything would be fine. It doesn't seem like it would, but he made me believe it for now.