Chapter 52

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

I'm currently on the road, the last game in Toronto before Christmas. Time has gone by so steadily with Lyla living at my place now.

"Patrick Sharp is coming, to town." The other Patrick sang his heart out in the locker room.

"Oh lord." Jonathan shakes his head.

"Last game before Christmas, let me sing!" Sharp protests.

Laughter erupts the locker room, as the feel of this game is light.

The first period does not go well. Toronto is getting a ton of chances, and we come out of the first trailing 2-0.

"Come on! Last game before Christmas, we want to upset that crowd out there, you hear me?" Q yells.

"Let's go!" Jonny slaps my back as we head out on the ice for the second period.

I think about when i come home to Lyla. I think about the wonderful Christmas dinner with the team, with our friends and family.

The crowd is deafening, Toronto fans are going crazy.

I'm on with Shaw and Saad. Tic, Tac, Toe. Shaw passes to Saad who passes back to Shaw who sends me the nicest pass between two defenders and all i have to do is tap it into the net.

Just like that, their lead is cut in half.

A few seconds later, Tazer blasts a one timer on the power play, man he's consistent.

All tied up.

The horn sounds the end of the second period, and I'm exhausted.

"Good effort, nice job crow." Jonny lays down a pretty good pep talk as we prepare for the final twenty minutes.

Nothing goes down in the last twenty. We're all tired and worn out.

There it is! Seabs blasted a one timer and we have the lead.

We end up winning 4-2, my boy Hossa getting a nice backhander.

"Patrick Sharp is coming to toooown!" Sharpie ends on a high note, making us cringe.

"You guys want to get together for Christmas dinner?" Shawzy asks us.

"As long as it's not on Sam and Laura's wedding date I'm down for it." I smile at the excited boy.

"Yay, Kaner!" He tackles me.

This boy is like a puppy.

"Christmas, Christmas, let's go!" Coach Q signals for us to get on the bus back to our hotels, then back home.

I love Christmas.

Now i get to go back to my Lyla.