Chapter 19

*Lyla's P.O.V.*

Did I really just kiss him?

I reach my fingers up to my lips, still being able to feel how his lips tasted like.

Oh man, what's wrong with me?

I'm a writer, an artist! I was always so careful, and i would never be as impulsive as i just was.

It's just that whenever I'm around Patrick, i get that crazy feeling that makes me want to scream and jump.

Falling in love, eh?

Then, i remember. Daniel.

I quickly press his icon, him being my only speed dial.

It rings five times, (yes, i counted) when i was finally about to hang up.

"Lyla, i don't want to talk." He growls softly.

"Daniel, just tell me why. You can't suddenly not be my friend without a reason! I'm getting pissed." I say truthfully.

"Oh, I'm sorry Lyla." He says bitterly, "Why don't you seem at all different? I told you i love you, i expect an answer, a change! I don't think i can take always being near you withouth having you!" He sounds desperate and breathless.

"Oh. Daniel, is this what it's about? Where are you? Let me come." I plead.

I can't lose him as a friend.

"No. I'm done." He whispers.

"Please, Daniel!" I can feel the pain through his voice.

I WANT to love him with all my heart.

But my heart already belongs to someone else. Patrick makes me feel different. Daniel will never make me feel what Pat does, i know.

But i don't want to see him hurt, and i definitely want him as a friend.

"I'm sorry, Lyla. I really can't live with this." He sighs.

"What if i find you another girl? Super pretty?" I ask, Chloe popping up into mind.

"Lyla. You don't understand, do you?" He laughs harshly, "I've loved you ever since i met you. I've loved you all this time, and you were too broken to realize it. Who took care of you? Who made it all go away? Me. Open your eyes, Lyla. You don't love him." He scoffs, I've never heard him talk this way before.

"You won't tell me who to love. Daniel, maybe I don't love Pat. But I'm sure that he makes me feel....happy." i cringe at my words.

"Oh, so I dont make you happy? You know what? I spoke from my heart, and this is what i get." Daniel's voice gets rougher.

"No, Daniel listen! You need to listen! I love you. I love you so much, as a friend, a brother, but not as a.... boyfriend. I still want to be friends with you, what are you thinking?" I laugh nervously.

"I know. I know you still want to be friends, and i do too. But i just don't know if i can handle it." Daniel whispers the last words, and hangs up.

"Wait!" I say, but it's too late.

What does he even mean?

I close my eyes, and picture his green eyes full of pain.

He's right.

He's been there for me, but i was too messed up to see it.

I try my best to push Daniel out of my head. He'll calm down soon.

"I'm home!" My dad's gruff voice came from the door.

I ran out, and gave him a huge hug.

"Daddy!" I breathe in his sent.