Chapter 60

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

What am I going to do?

"Hush, Lyles. I just want to hold you right now." I tell her.

I'm behind her, my arms wrapped tightly around her waist, hands resting on her belly. She leans back into me, and i hold on even tighter, in fear of losing her.

"I'm not going anywhere, Pat. It's Christmas. We'll do all the fun activities Alex planned and then tomorrow we'll open presents. And then it'll be Laura's wedding. Im not going anywhere." She repeats.

"Lyla, close your eyes." I tell her.

"Picture everything good in this world. What it would be like in ten years time. If everything was good, you'd be able to see. We would marry on August 2nd, and have an amazing vacation somewhere warm and sunny. One year later, you'd come to me with good news that we'll be having a child. Our child will be called Tyler Kane if it's a boy, —"

"And Taylor if it's a girl." Lyla giggles softly.

I chuckle, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Yes, Taylor. We'd grow old together, and watch our kids grow up to do great things. You'd be a wonderful mother, Lyles."

She turns over to face me, tears about to spill out of her unfocused eyes.

"Why do you cry, sweet Lyles?" I caress her cheek with my hand.

"Because," she sniffles, "Because you're cheesy." She wipes away an escaped tear.

"And you love it." I grin.

"I do." She agrees.

I'm not going to take Lyla to the hospital, at least not yet. I don't want to ruin Christmas for her.

"We won't go to the hospital." I announce.

"Really?" She smiles.

"Yeah, really. But if it happens again, we're heading there right away." I warn.

Lyla nods, then tugs my hand.

"Let's go somewhere." She says.

"Hmm, where do you want to go?" I ask curiously.

"Skating." She grins, eyes shining.

"Skating it is, my love."

A/N: This is such a short chapter that I'm ashamed..

This chapter is dedicated to such a sweet girl and reader I'd like to call my friend. Her name is Audrey, and I'm so glad you enjoy my stories, I enjoy yours just as much! Here's your update, hon!