Chapter 11: A Kindred Spirit

They say upon awakening one can often speak or blurt things out they may not have meant. Normally due to a lagging dream, or a new environment they awake in. Which for Mark he thought was true. After a close battle against the warrior-ess Kyla, or Celestine, Mark was now residing in a house belonging to his new friend Drake, and his younger brother Cress. They had brought with them a girl, wearing only a long gown, from the now collapsed Solis ruins. And upon awakening she looked at Mark and said "I know you...you are Tenma"

Mark was reacting to her words "wait a minute...did you just call me...Tenma?" the girl nodded

"Yes...that is the name bestowed upon you...Tenma" replied the girl. The girl's voice sounded almost toneless and as if it belonging to someone older than she looked.

"but...I thought your name was Mark?" said Cress quite confused

"As did I" said Mark equally confused "why do you think my name is Tenma?"

"I do not know where the name Mark originated from" said the girl "but the name Tenma is inscribed upon your soul"

"A spiritual name?" said Drake

"A what name?"

"A Spiritual name" said Drake "allow me to explain

Drake cleared his throat "In this world, there's a tradition. Sometimes when a child is born a name is given to them. By the spirits Luna or Solomon. During the 1st day of its life, we pray to our...umm...divine parent and it's said that the mother hears a special name. This name is then engraved upon the soul"

"Oh yeah I heard of that" said Cress "Mom told me she did something like that with you"

"Do these, traditional names carry a meaning?" asked Mark to which Drake shook his head

"There are legends and folk-lore that spiritual names carry a special meaning, but many agree it is just a name. Just like the rest. However that name Tenma is...unusual."

Drake put his hand on his chin and tapped his head "I'm sure...I've heard that name before. I just can't recall where"

"Have you?" said Cress "I haven't heard that name before. But if it's a traditional name that mean's..."

"I really was born in this world after all" said Mark

"Excuse me...Miss" said Drake to the girl "but how are you able to tell what his name is?"

"That is the name I have learnt" replied the girl "I'm afraid...I know nothing else other than that. I know not of my own name, my place, goal or past. Only the name which I have in my head...Tenma"

Mark looked to be troubled "Is Tenma my actual name? I mean it's true I can't remember that far back, but it would at least sound familiar"

"is there something ailing you...Tenma?" asked the girl

"Well...it's like this. For as long as I could remember my name has been Mark. I've never heard the name Tenma once in my life"

"Hmmm...may you kneel before me? I'd wish to read your mind. I will only read your earliest memories, and leave the rest untouched"

"You're a psychic?" said Drake surprised to which she nodded "they are rare and between. Well go on Mark, it won't hurt to look for her to look will it?"  Mark shook his head and kneeled before the girl.

The girl placed a hand on Mark's head, and closed her eyes as her whole body glowed blue. The girl was focusing and looked to be having trouble. Then after a moment she stopped "that is...most peculiar. Your memory...has been...sealed"