Arc 3 - Final Chapter: Heightened Resolve

Time passed on, in the world of Zestiria. Having let out his mental burden, Tenma's tears raced down lightly patting upon the grassy floor. Hana remained with him, waiting until all of Tenma's tears had stemmed and gone. As it ended, Tenma's eyes had finally welled dry...though now red and fiery from the burning tears. Hana returned back to his side seeing he had now calmed down "How are you feeling now...any better?"

"Better...than a little while ago...at least" Tenma said honestly "and maybe a little relieved"

"Tenma...you shouldn't bottle up your emotions for so long. You should learn to be more open"

"I...I know. It's just...I'm the only boy in a kingdom of girls so..." he added shyly "I want to try and...retain some...you know masculinity" Hana chuckled softly

"I can admire that...but don't be afraid to show your softer side, that's what most people like about you" Hana spoke in a oddly tired tone "I think we at Radiant Dawn have had enough of the men who proclaim loudly while hitting their exercised muscles"

"He-he...I haven't heard you say something like that...but you are a girl first and foremost"

"Indeed"

Tenma held his hand to his chest "Thanks for...staying with me Hana. I'm really grateful to you for...putting up with me"

"It's of no trouble" she said happily

"I want you to know...that if you're ever in need of someone to talk to" he finished with a blush "then I'll listen to what you have to say"

"I'll make sure...I'll come to you" Tenma picked himself up looking onto the land

"You know...sometimes...I stop and think if I truly deserve the praise I get given. Everyone is hurting, that much I know, but...to this world's true pain...I know I'm only an outsider"

Hana picked herself up, as Tenma simply spoke to her "I'm not saying I don't belong here...this is my home" Hana nodded back "but...to the pain you all feel, to the hate or jealousy...I'm...nothing but a stranger. I may know of loneliness...but not of the hate or jealousy some of you bear in your hearts"

"Tenma..."

"My sister near killed me over her hatred of the light, all Cordelia wants to do is kill Kyla for the need of it and Richter...jeez. I don't even want to know how he turned out that way"

"It's not your fault...or your burden to understand"

"You all...need the help a little more than I do. I just feel I don't deserve the right"

"No-one...deserves the right...for it does not exist"

Tenma turned to Hana in wonder "Tenma...kindness is not something to be owed, or earned...it's something you give, and share to everyone. It's true you may not know the full extent of what ails the people...but as you said you still know of the pain of loneliness. You share your kindness to others...because you care for their wellbeing...just as they do for you"

"Hana..."

"They do it...because they care about you" she then added sweetly "as I care about you also" Tenma flinched before smiling a little awkwardly

"He...He-he...he-he-he" a soft innocent chuckle left his lips

"What's so funny?"

"Hana...you're just...an amazing person, one I'm lucky to call a friend"