Chapter 4: Undetermined Destiny

It was the morning time in the town of Radiant Dawn. Everyone was getting on with their daily lives while for two of them, being Mark and Lucile, they were on their way to the castle where the princess resides.  Mark was talking with his new, and first, friend Lucile who he is now staying with.

 Lucile, having seen a glimpse of past through Mark's memories, was very curious "...so those transports are called cars?"

"That's right" said Mark "a lot of people drive them around. There're many kinds as well. To go through them all will take some time"

"That's really interesting, that you drive in these cars that is. We just use horses"

"We sometimes do use horses. Just not that much" Mark had noticed no-one was staring "you weren't kidding? No-one is paying attention"

"I told you no-one would look if you took off the hood"

"Why's that?"

Lucile then proudly hit her chest "It's because you're with me...and the fact you're not making trouble"

"I'll take as a good thing" said Mark jokingly "alright my turn for a question. You said you have psychic powers...it that from Luna?"

"We don't really know" said Lucile rubbing her head "it randomly appears and varies. Such as I can read minds or summon small objects. Others can manipulate much bigger objects or even control people"

"That sounds...rather scary" said Mark nervously

"It startled me too. Well here we go. Princess Hana's castle" Mark looked at it with wonder

"This'll be my first time in a castle, I'm a bit nervous" Lucile saw Mark and found his expression humorous

"What a change in personality from yesterday. I quite like this new mark"

The two passed the gateway and walked up a stone set of stairs to the front door. The front door was open to reveal a long corridor foyer. The floor was diamond tiled of black and white. Just pass the door was a wall of blue light projected by metal poles on both walls. Just beyond the wall of blue was a knight working on a holographic screen. While two knights stood before the wall.

The female knights at the front approached the pair "Please halt there. May I inquire your reasons for entry"

"I come here to introduce my friend Mark to her majesty" said Lucile gesturing to him "I believe he has some potential for her to unlock" the knights observed Mark for a moment

"Well if you say so. He doesn't appear bare any evil in his heart, still if you can both proceed through the barrier please" Lucile pass through the barrier while gingerly followed behind her. The knight at the holographic screen was reading some information

"There're both clean. Alright proceed" with that the two proceed onwards.

Mark was talking to Lucile "What did that screen do?"

"it's called a conscience screen" said Lucile "it scans your heart for any evil intention...well towards the princess. If you have even a shred of bad intention it'll cause an alarm"

"That beats the security system we have back home. So who is the princess and what's she like?"

"She's called Princess Hana. She's very kind and somewhat caring. You'll definitely like her. Well...being a boy"

"Why...is she beautiful?" Lucile had a sneaky smile

"You'll just have to see for yourself" said Lucile which made Mark wonder but he was then surprised by a familiar voice