Arc 3 - Chapter 31B: Secrets, Hidden or Lost

Tenma was caught completely by surprise, at what the Doctor had told him "So...you know I'm not...from this world?"

"Well you tell me" said Doctor Calvin with the still glowing blood syringe of Sakura's "does Earthling blood normally glow?"

"I...suppose not"

"So tell me...do you also hold the power to summon flames to your will? Just as he once did?"

"Wait...what!?"

"Just answer me" he said seriously "Do you...?" Tenma sighed holding out his arms which he ignited

"Yes...I do"

Doctor Calvin just near burst from his chair, nearly falling. as he went to Tenma staring at the flame. Calvin put his hand near the flame, feeling the intense heat staying his hand "so...it's true. You can summon the flame to your will, as he did"

"Look...you better start explaining yourself here" said Tenma getting irritated as he stopped the flames "How do you know I'm...?"

"Because...I was told of you, by the man...whom I met many years ago"

Calvin sat back on his chair "This man, whose hair was a flame-red colour came to this hospital with several broken ribs and mild Pneumonia. This in itself was strange"

"Why was that?" asked Tenma

"The man...was hit a lorry and knocked back with some force. By rights...he should've died, or at least severely injured...yet...he was fine, very sore, but fine"

Calvin sighed "I was overseeing this man at the time who it seems had gained mild Pneumonia from exposure to the cold air – for it was winter – and the shock of the incident. He didn't regain consciousness for at least three days"

"Who...was this man?" asked Tenma

"We...had no clue. He was a muscular man, in his early twenties, as I said with flame red hair. He had a scar over his right eye, though his right eye was fine, but no tattoos. This man was a complete mystery, he had no ID, he wasn't registered missing...we just had no clue"

Tenma took a nearby seat, as he continued to listen with great intrigue "On the fourth day, the man finally came around and actually healed of his illness. None of us had seem anything like it"

"Were you able to get his name?" asked Tenma

"Not straightaway no. The man was...very nonchalant to say the least, and very secretive in foreclosing any details. He did eventually introduce himself...as Tenma"

"Wait...he introduced himself with my name!?"

"He did...and it was not until the incident in which I tried to learn more"

The blood syringe had now stopped glowing, and he emptied it in a small tube which he then inserted into a nearby machine that hummed away "one of our younger patients, at the time, was being held hostage. We had taken in a badly-wounded patient, with severe mental disabilities. From a mixture of pain and shock a panic he ran for the nearest stairwell, with a metal blade in hand, just trying to escape"

The doctor turned back around to Tenma "As I, and several nurses, chased him to the roof...a young girl patient, with a nurse, was there at the roof. She was one of our longer term patients, so she was just getting some air"