Arc 3 - Chapter 24: The Depths of Evil

Tenma was picking himself off the floor, leaning against the wall as he felt his face sting along with his body. He looked on at Richter...who just stood there "This guy...feels similar...yet completely different from Zodiac" he said to himself "when I fought Zodiac, I did feel intimidated...but the power he gave of, feels lukewarm compared to this guy"

"Come on boy...you can't done yet" he said before grinning "I haven't even warmed up"

"Ethics aren't going to work here...this guy is fierce. I'm going to have to prepare and watch for that psychic power. If it comes down to it...I may have to shift to Solomon's power, Kyla did say...that power should help resist him"

"I've no idea what your whispering about...but kindly speed it along" Richter began running to him while Tenma surmised his option

"But...I have to hold it off until I really have to. Once I do...it'll blow my identity out of the water, since they still think I'm Mark" Tenma ignited Luna's white aura once more "but...I can't hold it off too long. I have to save Sakura...however I can"

Tenma charged seeing Richter raise his hand "Oh no you don't" Tenma once more fired a series of energy blasts, again forcing Richter to guard "here I come"

"Dam brat!" Richter, in a change of pace, charged straight through his blasts and attempted a clothesline which Tenma bent backwards to duck under. Richter then skidded round, swing his leg a wide arc to which Tenma spun round himself and blocked the kick...which sent him scraping his feet considerably backwards.

Richter prepared a torrent of flame in one hand which Tenma responded in a kind with both of his own flame and two fired their beams. Their fire beams glided over the ground, looking to collide, until with a grin Richter aimed out his second hand, thrust it forward...making Tenma's beam do a 180 turn and go right to it's user along with his own beam.

Tenma flinched from the return of his attack, and quickly put down his hands to summon a wave of water. The water did cancel both attacks, the resulting spray making Tenma cover himself "Up here boy!" Richter's voice directed his head once more "Now hold still for me!" with one hand out he once more paralyzed Tenma in place, as he came down on him with his second hand.

Tenma fought to move, seeing Richter's fist incoming to his face. It was then, when Richter's fist was to meet Tenma's face...Tenma intensified his aura a little, the resulting force pushing Richter's body and outstretched arm, freeing Tenma from his 'prison' letting Tenma jump at Richter and land a clean punch to his face before sending him to the ground with a smash.

His friends rejoiced as Tenma came down on Richter, who as the dust settled look at Tenma coldly. Richter raised up a hand, and slammed into the ground the result being a downdraft of wind sending Tenma much faster to him. Richter then sprang up, and fired forward a punch which Tenma blocked with two crosses of his arms.

Richter let loose a strong barrage of punches, and kicks, Tenma blocking each one. Richter though reached forward, grabbed Tenma's arm and pulled him towards him to land a strong knee into Tenma's chest. As Tenma coughed and convulsed from the hit, Richter once more head-smashed Tenma's face....punched him several times with earth-shaking punches, before thrusting out his hand "Black Dawn" and generated a ball of dark black to carry Tenma through the air.

As Tenma flew upward, Richter raised his hand, and swished it down making the Black Dawn curve in an arc and carry Tenma to the ground. Tenma managed to free himself from the daze of the attacks, and pain, as he 'rolled' his body to make the Black Dawn go under him making it hit the ground first. The resulting explosion caught Tenma in the shockwave, making him fly away and once more cause the stone building to shake and dust to trickle from the roof.