Arc 3 - Chapter 20: Hearts of the Light and Black Part 2

For Tenma, Hana and Ariana...they had now ventured downstairs in the exploration of Radiant Dawn's underground...only not to see very much. All they saw was a gigantic open hall...with no furniture or anything else. In true fact the only actual objects in this room...were two paintings. There was a large one on the left, the bottom almost touching the floor, depicting a white kingdom surrounded by grass and a painting on the right, just as big but higher hung depicting a dark kingdom again surrounded by grass.

As the trio looked round, they couldn't help but notice something off "You know...I'm starting to think this isn't an archive – of sorts – at all" said Tenma "It feels...more like a residence"

"I...begin to share your feeling" said Hana "This doesn't appear to be the right place at...at all" Hana had paused briefly, an air of discomfort having crept on her

"Ms Majesty...are you alright?" asked Ariana

"I feel...light-headed all the sudden, though I'm not sure why"

"Must be the room...because I feel itchy as well" said Tenma scratching his head "How about we cut this adventure short? We'll look in these two rooms, and if nothing is found...we head back"

"Okay" said Ariana "I'll go with Ms Majesty...and help her along"

Tenma went into the left room...and found the remnants of a working kitchen. There was a large block like wooden table...with four carved chairs around it. At the back right were cupboards, a sink...and sort of storage cupboard at the right end. Tenma felt the itchy feeling stubbornly stay "I'd like to know what's up with me...and this room? Even if this was a residence of sorts...there should've been some papers of some sorts"

For Hana and Ariana they too...hadn't had any luck. The pair had found a oddly, cosy bedroom of sorts. The floor was covered in mat red carpet while the wall, compared to the rest of the building, was painted a navy blue. They had entered at the front right and saw three sets of bed. There were two king sized beds against the back-right wall – the duvet a clean white – and at the middle of the back wall, the sheets a pitch black.

There was also a triple bunk bed, against the left back wall, each bed a different colour. The top bed was blue, the middle white, and the bottom grey. Apart from the beds there was nothing else of note, or anything to look out. Coming outside the pair were met by Tenma, who wore a disappointed look "any look girls...that is with any books or even a journal?"

"No...we just found a bedroom" said Ariana "Nothing else"

"Anyone else get the feeling...we've been side-tracked?" asked Tenma before noticing Hana lowering her head "You still feel uncomfortable"

"Yes I do..." Hana said with her hand on her heart "But I cannot determine the reason for it"

"Same with me...to a degree" Tenma said looking at his hand to see the X-Brand appear "and this mark has materialised too"

Tenma saw the doorway at the end "I think...we'll just head on out, there's nothing to really look out down here anyway"

"I wonder if we missed the place" said Ariana as they went to the far end door

"Who knows" said Tenma looking at the paintings on the wall "but one thing I have to mention, whoever hung the painting on the left, was much shorter than the other" Ariana looked between the higher and lower one

"I actually get the feeling" Ariana said speaking her thoughts "the left one was hung lower on purpose"

"Maybe...it's worth a check. You never know...they're might be a door hidden in it"