Arc 3 - Chapter 34: Scars of Regret

It was now the early afternoon, with Tenma and friends heading to a local burger diner for some needed food. With them was Rebecca ...a girl who went to Tenma's former school, who upon seeing him broke down and revealed that Tenma had been missing for half a year.

The fact of his departure preyed on his mind a little "Half a year...how can that much time have gone by?" asked Tenma "I mean not that it bothers me too much, I'm just surprised, but not that much time has passed in Zestria. Could time move faster here? And at the same time...why did Rebecca look so distraught? I guess...I can only find out when I ask her"

They went to a diner called 'The burger Workshop' and after seating themselves on a wall-to-wall sofa table at the back. Rebecca , Hana and Sakura shared one seat and Lucile with Tenma on the other.

They sat down, Sakura skimming through the Tale of Zestria 2 book, as a waitress with brown hair and in yellow came forward "Hello everyone...what can I do for you?"

"We'd like to use this coupon please" said Tenma "A meal for five?" the waitress took the coupon and looked upon

"Okay I see...this coupon entitles you to a Beef-burger, cheese, Chicken or Veggie burger with a drink and small fries. Nothing else okay? So what would you like to order?"

"I'll have a cheeseburger please, with some Cola" Tenma said

"For me...I'll have a plain beef-burger please" said Sakura looking up from the book "with the same drink as well please"

Sakura then turned to Hana "Which one of those do you fancy? Beef, chicken or vegetable?"

"Oh...hmm" Hana said a little confused "May I have the Chicken one please? And as for a drink...hmmm?"

"There is water if you prefer that?" suggested the waitress "Or tea?"

"Oh...then can I have a tea please?" Hana said happily

"I'll have the same as her" said Lucile "And you...Rebecca ...what will you have?"

Rebecca hadn't said anything, her face fallen and her hands on her knees "Rebecca ...Rebecca ?" Lucile said snapping her from her daze "What are you ordering?"

"Oh...umm...I'll have a veggie burger please, with lemonade" Rebeccasaid a little quietly "Thank you"

"I'll get those ordered...be back soon" said the Waitress going away while Hana turned to Rebecca

"Have you been able to ease yourself now?" she asked still a bit worried "You're...awfully upset"

"Well...I have every right to be" Rebecca said, sounding really guilty "After what I've done"

Rebecca looked forward to Tenma "Mark...that really is you isn't it? I'm not dreaming am I?"

"Yeah...it's me" said Tenma still really taken aback by Rebecca ' distraught expression "Come on...what's brought this on?"

"I'm sorry it's just...I was worried about you, and if you were okay"

"You...were? Well..." Tenma said his next words inadvertently rather harshly "you never cared about my wellbeing before"

"Can I just quickly ask, before we go any further?" said Lucile feeling an odd annoyance inside her "How is it you know Mark, or Tenma? From the way he spoke about his former home...he wasn't exactly high on support"