0.6 mistaken family

"It's clearly a costume Cal ahaha." I giggle nervously.

I feel the necklace tingle around my neck.

No ooo not now please necklace please!

I look to Ash, yes wide with bewilderment as legs take formation over my tail.

"Costume hey?" Cal huffs unamused.

Shouldn't he be running? His friend just went from mermaid to human right in front of his eyes.

"Aren't you going to run away?" I ask him awkwardly.

He stifles a throaty laugh.

"Na." He chuckles, diving into the water.

Around a minute later he emerges.

"The point of tha-" Ash starts, being cut off by the splash of a tail hitting the water.

A black tail extends off Calum's waist.

My jaw drops as I process the information.

I let out a squeal of excitement and join him in the water again.

"Okay time for the next bit of news." Cal chuckles.

"Were actually brother and sister, Katie. Mum sent me to the earth with you to keep an eye on you. I'm actually Ashtons age, but I was baby-fied to live on earth with you." he pauses, pulling at his shark tooth necklace dangling from his neck.

"I've always had my tail though, I just glad wrapped this necklace to swim and shower and stuff. The family I'm living with is our aunt, mums sister. Mum is actually human, she changed to be with dad." He continues.

"You're the preferred heir to the throne, as I'm perfectly happy on land. The ocean had their memory erased of my existence when I joined you up here, protecting me from any danger. So yeah, nice to meet ya sis." He winks at the end.

"Why can't I be a merman." I hear Ash grumble from the shore.

"So, you're my brother, also a merman, who was sent here to protect me?" I say, struggling to catch up on the events.

He nods awkwardly.

I smirk and hug him tightly.

I drag myself back to Ash, Cal right behind me.

Waiting for my necklace to dry Ash, Cal and I talk casually until the familiar tingle forms on my neck and my legs reappear.

"Cal whilst I was swimming today, I went into a cavern and there was a picture if me hanging off the wall, as a baby, with a bracelet I haven't seen before saying "princess Katie" and someone spoke from the shadows saying they'll be watching me, then I blacked out and woke up here, do you know anything?" I stammer nervously at my brother.

His eyes widen, filling with worry.

"We're going to see mum tomorrow." He orders as I nod sheepishly.

An hour later were all driving home, but I can't stop thinking of the weird cavern creature.

~ ~ ~ ~

I watched as mum paced, or swim paced.

"This is bad, oh god, no no no no" she kept murmuring after Cal and I explained what happened.

"Katie you can't go out there anymore, it'd probably be better if you just stopped swimming in the ocean for a while..." She says sadly yet sternly.

I feel my blood boil, but I understand at the same point.

I nod and swim hurriedly out of the castle.

"Katie, come on I'll take you home." Cal says catching up to me.

I nod once again and head home.

~~~~

I find Luke sitting at my doorstep.

"Hey mate?" I question the red faced, blonde haired boy.

"Hi." He says bluntly.

"You right?" I ask, worry lacing my voice.

"No." He replies.

"Will you go on a, um date, with me?" He mumbles.

I grin and nod excitedly.

"Wait! No I was supposed to ask you that better! I was going to sing to you!" He exclaims pointing at the guitar I had just noticed.

"Alright, Luke asking Katie on a date take 2!" I wink as he smiles and picks up his guitar strumming an unfamiliar tune.

~~~~~

"We get so disconnected" he finishes.

"That was our new original, I wrote for you..." He stammers awkwardly placing his guitar gingerly on the grass.

I ran into his arms and hugged him as if I was a koala, he catches me and I look up into my window, seeing my family watching us with it open.

I'm an awesome lip reader so I focus in what they say.

"You owe me $10" I saw Liana whisper to max.

"I would love to go on a date with you." I giggle.

His lips crash upon mine, something I've been waiting to happen for years.

He pulls back smiling.

"Now you owe me $20." Liana mouths.

We spend the rest of the arvo talking as best friends do.

A/N

REALLY HATE THIS AND RUSHED IT SO ILL PROBABLY RE WRITE IT, COMMENT IF YOU THINK I SHOULD BC I DINT KNOW THE PLOT TWIST WAS GOOD BUT CONFUSING IMJUST ARGNUIOVUTYC