0.5 dinglehopper

It's been 2 weeks.

2 weeks of not having the same best friend relationship we had before I ran my mouth, a habit I'm yet to kick.

2 weeks of swimming back and forth from the palace and seeing mum.

2 weeks of learning how to be "proper" and "how to be royal"

So in other words 2 weeks of pure torture.

I've got some killer abs from the swimming, so that's a bonus I guess.

I also decided to leave my bikini top white, it sorta matched with my tail and I'm honestly too lazy to decorate it.

It's now Friday, and I'm sitting on the bus listening to music whilst i wait to get to the boring place called "school".

I don't usually catch the bus, but Ash uses my car every Friday to get to work, because I'm such a great friend and because he's paying me $5, not much, but still $5 more than what I usually get.

"I know I've got my problems and it starts with me." Sung the angelic voice of Derik Sanders through my earphones.

I begin humming along, using every ounce of energy a person has at 7:30 in the morning not to break out into song in front of all my peers.

I rest my head up against the window, when a tall figure stands over me.

"Katie?" His deep voice questions.

"Oh, hey Luke, what's up?" I ask.

He takes the seat next to me.

"Its too early to be awake." he groans.

I pass him one of my earphones and we spend the rest of the bus ride listening to Mayday Parade.

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

You think by now, after 3 weeks, I would have gotten the tiniest bit used to tail.

Well, I haven't.

After a torturous day at school, Ash picked me up in my car and we went to the beach, I haven't swam since Tuesday and it's been exhausting fighting the urge, but I've had too much homework.

Are we expected to go to school, fight off sleep for 6 hours, go home and do another 2-3 hours of trying to stay awake?

Well, unfortunately we are.

I look out at the crystal clear water and rush to it, peeling off my uniform as I run.

With a swift dive, I feel bubbled surge around my body, as I spot the dark blue at the bottom of my tail.

I lie on my back and relax, it's been 3 days too long since I've been able to do this.

"CAL! HEY!" I hear Ash yell, trying to warn me.

I dive behind a rock and listen into their conversation.

"Hey mate, wheres Katie-cat?" Cal asks, look out at the water.

"Oh, you know, just chilling behind this rock, hiding her secret tail from you, one of her best friends, the norm." 

"Ah she's not here?" Ash says, sounding it as more of a question.

"But isn't that her car?" Cal questions.

"Yeah, I use it on Fridays remember?" Ash replied

"I saw you pick her up and go this direction, instead of the other way to your houses?" Cal persists.

"Oh yeah, she's out by the reef diving." Ash says quickly.

"You couldn't have just started with that?" Cal groaned.

"Sorry bro, wanna go for a dip?" Ash offers, peeling of his shirt.

Cal agrees and does the same, as they both run into the cool water.

I use that time to swim off to the reef, I haven't looked there for a while.

I spot the hundred of different kinds of fish, swimming peacefully, not bothered by my presence.

Something shimmers between some coral a few metres away.

I swim over to it, not seeing it at first.

Then something glimmers again.

I shove my hand between the 2 branches of coral, grasping the object.

I pull my hand out and identify the fork.

Boorringgg.

I swim a bit further, and notice a sort of cavern looking thing.

I swim down, it's beautiful, hanging off the walls are beautiful paintings of a baby, being cradled, but you can't see who by.

I looked closely at the baby, and see a bracelet wrapped around her little wrist.

I squint closely at it.

"Princess Katie" was engraved on the bracelet.

Was this a painting of me?

"What?" I mumbled.

"Ah, the young princess has returned I see." a voice snarled from the shadows of the cavern.

"Who's there?!" I demand.

"You'll find out sooner or later, thanks for making your existence known of to our kind. Watch your back, we've been looking for you for the last 17 years." They taunt, and then everything goes black.

~ ~ ~ 

I wake up on the beach. Ashton looking at me with worried eyes, and then Calum staring at me with a terrified look.

"Katie oh my god, are you okay? What happened?" Ashton asks.

"And why is there a mermaid tail where your legs should be?" 

A/n

Hey guys! sorry about the late update, i usually write on my school mac, but that had to go into repair and thats why i didnt update!

Also please correct me on anything, feedback would be appreciated.

If I'm rushing pleaase tell me? I feel like im rushing idk

Anyways, 10 votes for the next chapter :)

~ sami