0.4 woops?

My eyes widen at the sight infront of me.

Do I jump back in the water and swim away or do I stay?

Well, it's not like running away is going to make him forget you have a TAIL

"Heyyyy Ashton." I say awkwardly.

"W-w-what..." He stutters.

"YOU'RE A MERM-" he yells until i squabbled over and clasp my hand around his mouth.

"Shutup unless you want your bestfriend to be a science experiment, asshole." I laugh.

I feel the necklace tingle and my tail begin to seperate.

"You better explain, am I the only one who knows or do the other boys know aswell?"

"It all started yesterday, Ash. When i got into the water and waited for you guys, I felt my legs, tingle? And there was a tail. So I yelled out to you boys because knowing Luke he'd just flip if I left, but either way that didnt stop him from lecturing me all yesterday when I got back and to-" Ash cuts me off.

"Right, sorry!" I giggle.

"Well anyway, I swam to the seafloor where a dolphin was waiting for me, he told me he'd take me to my mum, weird right? My birth mum is a mermaid. But not just any mermaid." My pause whilst he urges me to continue.

"My mum and dad are the King and Queen of Atlanta." He bursts out laughing.

"Yeah and One Direction is going to notice the boys and I and ask us to tour with them, rightio." He laughs.

"Ash, I'm not lying, my mum gave me this necklace so when i go swimming, once it gets wet I'll pop a tail. Anyways, I'm the Lost Princess of Atlanta, my mums bestfriends are my adoptive parents, I was given to them with a spell to make me human until my first contact with sea water on my 16th birthday." I sigh.

"Why?" He asks me

"Well, when I was born my parents received a letter telling them to hand me over to them, so I wasnt safe, mum asked Liana and Max to take me until then, but afterwards my dad went to find the person who sent the letter, demanding no guards follow, and when he came home he was bleeding, the last thing he said was 'when Katie returns, tell her not to go to the ravines' and then he died... So my mum is the only royalty besides me in Atlanta." I finish.

He doesn't say anything, only hugs me in comfort.

"I got to decorate my tail today as well, then mum took me to the underwater hair dressers and dyed my hair to match it." I say, admiring the work.

"What about the bikini top?" He chuckles.

"Oh fuck I knew i forgot something! I'll do it on Thursday when I go again. And you're the only person besides Max and Liana who knows okay?" I stare frimly into his eyes, waiting for approval.

He nods reluctantly before speaking.

"You should've seen Luke yesterday after you went 'diving' he paced the sand for hours until you got back, he was a worried mess, the other boys and I were worried aswell, but it was you and we knew you could handle yourself, Luke was just off his block." He chuckled

So he, was worried about me?

I guess I shoud've expected, judging we have been bestfriends since year 3, I wouldve expected him to be worried.

"well, I gotta get home, see you tomorrow at Cal's?" Ash says standing up.

"Definately, do you want a ride?" I ask, he lives a bit closer than the rest of us to Mystic.