Chapter Twenty-Five. E&J swap to be with Scott

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE 

Scott switched the alarm off and lay in bed thinking. It was Friday and he wondered if Emily had made the reservation at the bed-and-breakfast hotel on the Maine coast for tomorrow night.

He turned over to look at Emily. She was still asleep on her front, turned away from him. Last night he may have taken things a bit too far. The dangling handcuffs were still locked on the iron bed head and he recalled how he had unclipped her wrists and received a stone-walled silence from her. He hesitated to wake her, cuddle her and apologise. He thought it best to let her sleep, and he would bring home a gift and flowers this evening after work.

Scott quietly got out of bed, showered, dressed and went downstairs. Before he left, he wrote a note for Emily saying he was sorry and would make it up to her when he got home.

-O-

Emily heard the front door shut indicating Scott had left. She had been awake when the alarm had gone off; in fact she had been awake most of the night. She still held her mobile close to her chest with Jessica's return text on it. 

During the night, Emily had sent a text to her best friend. 'Help. Scott has gone too far. I feel sick. Need you. Sorry.' Five hours ago, Jessica had sent her reply, which meant she had read the message from Emily directly Jess woke up at seven o'clock London time. 'Fuck. What's he done to you?'

Emily had read the text in the dark while Scott had been in deep sleep. 'Slapped me too hard while I was handcuffed. So sore. Crying.'

The reply text was immediate, 'I'm coming over. Will get the earliest flight and let you know the arrival time.'

That had been the flurry of texts five hours ago. She had dozed, sometimes waking to painfully shift her position. In spite of Scott leaving for work, Emily didn't feel like getting up.

Emily's mobile vibrated to indicate a text. 'On board BA flight 213 departing twenty minutes. Due to land Logan at 13.25 your time.'

'Will meet you at arrivals. Thank you Jess.'

Emily did some calculations. She had made a plan during the night. Emily figured Scott wasn't himself, as if in a dream state. She had debated whether to just accept his excuses this evening and she would cry and explain how she felt. But Emily knew this would not get to the heart of the problem. She shouldn't really examine his computer, but there may be something on there to give her answers. She wanted to know what might have triggered the way she had been treated during the night.

Emily had the password and looked through Scott's emails. Nothing unusual. Next she trawled through the icons displayed and suddenly came across the chat room site. It was all about BD SM with a dedicated sub room for D0minants. Emily clicked on this and read through the last twenty-four hours of chat showing Scott involved in some extreme views. The views were being expressed by a handful of men and women, but they were too far over the edge for Emily. She understood now what had propelled Scott to act like he did last night. Above all else, she felt used and abused to such an extent that she could feel her temper boiling over. Was she some play thing to be treated as a slave by Scott? No way.

She wanted to hack in to the site server and leave a Trojan, but it would take too long. Or she could smash his laptop to bits. There seemed no point in either of these reactions. Emily reached for her phone and connected to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel to book herself a double room for two people. Then she packed a small bag. 

She looked at the note on the kitchen table from Scott and walked out to the waiting cab outside.

Emily saw Jessica first as she came through the Arrivals door, and waived. They stood in a hug, two girls who looked like twins, one crying, the other soothing her friend. The coffee bar in the Logan terminal looked uninviting, as if somebody deliberately didn't want to be bothered with customers, so they walked out to wait in line for a cab.