Chapter Five. Jess swaps with Emily

CHAPTER FIVE 

Emily's day at Champneys had been lovely. It certainly made her feel more sexy in the back of the car with Scott kissing her hand. That was yesterday. Now Scott wanted to spend the afternoon with her, at Harrods. It would be impossible to refuse another invitation to go back to Scott's flat, especially after he had just spent money on buying her shoes. The truth for Emily remained: she was still undecided about Scott. 

Yes, he was nice. Yes, he was handsome, with his hair too long, but that was appealing in a strange way. Yes, he had money, status and all the trappings. And yes, Emily knew her body wanted raw sex, and needed a thorough bonk. 

But these things didn't hide the fact that Emily was not sure she could commit. Her brain said it was too soon. Her body craved for it and Emily knew she wouldn't be able to hold off, to postpone her need for sex. She didn't want to make love until she was more certain of her feelings. 

A simple solution had been hatched. Her chat with Jessica had made Emily feel more comfortable at letting Jess take her place this afternoon. A simple swap.

-O-

Scott walked into the Harrods food hall five minutes early. He had completed his Saturday morning operation schedule at Guy's Hospital and then driven back to his flat for a quick change out of his business suit into casual clothes. He chose a blue and white checked shirt under a dark blue crew pullover and fawn coloured chinos.

He looked round for Emily, couldn't see her, so he settled for an Americano in the steakhouse restaurant. From his bar stool he had a good view of the high ceiling, ornate, marble walled, vast room. The hall was a mecca for good quality food. That included the restaurant to the side.

He saw her arrive, but she hadn't spotted Scott yet. He called out and went over to kiss her on the cheek. 'Come and join me for a coffee before I take you shopping.'

'Okay. Good idea.' Her bubbly smile indicated excitement. 'I'll have a Cappuccino please.' 

Scott watched her elegantly position herself on the high bar stool. Below the marble counter there was a hook on which she put her coat and handbag. He liked her choice of clothes, flared skirt in black, loose knit sand colour jumper with a wide neck, a fashionable style. 

'Recovered from yesterday?' he asked, as he watched her take a sip of her coffee.

'Hmm, the treatments at Champneys were so good. Love to go again. You should come as well.'

Scott picked up on the better vibes compared with yesterday, somehow warmer, more playful. 'You mean that Emily? We go together?'

'Sure do. It'll do you good to get away from your high stress job.'

'Never been to a health spa before.' Scott could imagine a day with Emily, relaxed, best way maybe to get to know the girl. 

His mind switched to the reason for being here. 'Sorry if my text seemed a bit off the wall. To suggest I buy you shoes.'

'Every girl likes new shoes. You're on safe ground, Scott, with me at any rate.' She finished her coffee. 'Just let me first visit the Ladies.'

-O-

Emily looked at the text from Jessica. 'He's gorgeous. We're just off to look at boots for you. How sexy do you want me to be?'

Emily put her book down to reply. 'Haha. Do what it takes to get the boots !'

'Show some leg?'

'You have to, don't you?'