Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR 

Scott held the back door of the saloon car open for Emily. They were at the front door of her flat. She looked stunning in a simple black roll neck top and black trousers. Her hair had been cut shorter than the last time he saw her. She carried a small bag for the day, which Scott put into the car boot with the golf bags. One of his friends drove the BMW while the other friend sat in the front passenger seat. That left Scott sitting in the back next to Emily, just as he wanted.

Introductions were not needed because Emily knew the two men from the Ritz.

The number one priority for Scott was to play it safe with Emily. No touching. Every time he glanced at her a little longing crept in to his inner core. A sort of need to have Emily accept him, to like him, even to want him. 

The car journey took an hour to travel north west, across London, and onto the M1 to Tring. There was plenty of time for the four occupants in the car to relax and talk. He knew the two men friends in the front were impressed with Emily, especially when she told them about her computer skills and her degree at Oxford University.

'You could sort out some things on my iPad,' said Scott. 'I just don't have time.' He knew the others had similar problems with keeping up with the rush of technology advances and juggling their work lives. 

'I'll see what I can do,' said Emily in a non committal way. Her smile radiated fun with an undertone of control.

Scott wished he could reach out and touch her. The desire was immense, like she was a magnet and he was a lump of iron. Every time she laughed she put her hand momentarily up to her mouth like the gesture of a shy person. Was there a shy side to this girl, Scott wondered? He had spent years reading the signs that people transmitted, patients whose signals gave a clue on their state of health, men and women who said they were well but he could tell they weren't . . . just by looking at them, Scott could tell. But Scott's judgement of Emily was difficult to judge, he admitted.

He allowed his mind to take a flight into fantasy land. Sex. Such a powerful tick in his brain, to be controlled, held down, pushed to one side. Sex of a certain kind. Domination. To control when, how, if. His heart beat went up as he lingered thirty seconds on how it might be with Emily. 

The car glided up to the front door of Champneys. It was 9.30 in the morning.

'Have a great day, Emily,' said Scott, as he took her bag from the car boot. 'Have all the treatments you want and I'll be back at six to settle the bill.'

-O-

Emily wore her black university sweatpants, thick and warm, with chunky white draw cord. On top, a grey hoody with zip front. Her choice of clothes made it easy to undress for massage or swimming.

She sat in the big comfy chair and waited for her first treatment, a massage. The brochure said it was an hour long, full body, reviving massage. It felt exciting. Emily had never been to Champneys, in fact had never been to any spa health resort, and had never had a professional massage. 

As soon as she arrived, Emily had sensed the luxury, the attention to detail, the smell of wellbeing from lavender oils. Everyone wore either tracksuits, or dressing gowns supplied by the establishment. Super cool, slow down, no phones sort of place. 

Emily lay on the couch in the warm fragrant candle-lit room, the masseuse doing her work, and Emily fell into a state of relaxation. No conversation, which allowed Emily's mind to weave in and out of different strands of thought. It was obvious Scott was interested in getting her into a clutch, but was she that keen? She was undecided. And what about Jess, sitting at Emily's desk, and pretending to understand the work?