Chapter Sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN 

Scott had his second shower in half an hour. Emily got in with him to wash the sex from her chest and hands. 

'I don't believe this,' said Scott, who remained pleasantly surprised. 'That's the second time you've done a hand job on me, without any warning.' He rolled his eyes.

'I'll give you warning next time,' was her cheeky reply. 

They hugged and laughed together in the glass shower cubicle.

'Did you book a restaurant?' Scott asked, in the hope that Emily had remembered.

'Yup, running a bit late now. Apparently, Boston is famous for it's fish restaurants.

Half an hour later, they were seated at the Chart House Restaurant on Long Wharf, next door to the Aquarium. Scott felt hungry after the unexpected burst of energy at the hand of Emily. He still found her difficult to predict; she was anything but predictable. Earlier, after recovering from his release, he had squeezed onto the chair in which Emily sat. A ridiculous picture of man with a towel still round his waist, manhood now reduced in size to normal, girl in babydoll outfit covered in his cum. Why? he had asked. Because I wanted to, was her reply. 

Scott now looked at her across the restaurant table. He didn't believe her reply, not that it mattered. He figured Emily would have a reason. He was coming to realise that she was a smart girl; sometimes a mask of innocence, at other times a maturity beyond her years. Intelligent too, with her degree at Oxford. He recalled something her friend, Nicki, had told him, at the Gerkin . . . we call her spunky, a nickname given to Emily.

His thoughts were interrupted by Emily, who had glanced up. 'And what is my handsome man thinking?'

Scott wondered if anybody ever told the complete truth when asked that question. People might be surprised, shocked even, if everyone told the truth of what went through their heads. 'I was just thinking how lucky I am. I'm in love with you, Emily, in case you hadn't noticed.'

'I love you too. Lots.'

Their starters arrived. Clam Chowder for him, and Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail for her.

'If I get this job at Mass General, will you come and live with me, here in Boston?' He held his breath. Scott had decided that if she wanted to stay in London, he would abandon his plans to work in America.

Her blond hair tumbled over her shoulders, blue eyes penetrated him and she smiled. 'I'll give it a go. Do you think I'll fit in?'

Her question had displayed a vulnerable side to her, a shyness maybe at the thought she might have to mix with an older set of people. He loved her more for that. An instinct to protect her leapt forward, to look after her.

Emily had been watching him again, assessing, breaking down the veneer of his thoughts. 'You grin like a Cheshire cat,' she said.

Suddenly, Scott felt like crying. Moisture sprang to his eyes and he sat back to blink the moment away. Oh wow, he said to himself, what was that all about? Had Emily prized open his inner senses, his deep-down emotion, his soft side?

After Scott had paid the bill, Emily went to the Ladies. As she walked past the other tables, her dress shimmered from the wall lights, the sequins caught the flicker of the candles, the dress swung to her hips, accentuated by the flared cut from the waist. Heads turned, eyes glanced. Emily looked like a model with the effortless walk of a female who controlled men and got what she wanted. No question, mused Scott, he was in love with her. And no question she would have the final say over everything he did.