Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX 

Scott spent Sunday feeling frustrated. He reflected on the previous afternoon and early evening with Emily. It had been physical torture as his body reacted to the signals she posted in his direction. He had to admit to himself that Emily was in total control of him. The way she revealed a little when buying the boots, enough of her leg to fire his imagination. And then, back at his flat, Emily had made all the running, kissed him first, took him to the couch, and went as far as she was comfortable. She had told him it wouldn't go far, so he had nothing to complain about.

Except the ache in his groin.

Scott decided he wouldn't text or phone Emily on the Sunday. He didn't want to appear too keen or too needy. But she was constantly on his mind.

To take his mind off her, he decided to take his Porsche Cayman for a drive. Soon he was heading south east through the suburbs of east London down to Lewisham and then onto the junction of the M25, the huge ring motorway which encircled London. There were too many speed cameras on the M25, so Scott continued heading south east away from London on the M20. This was a fifty mile stretch towards Dover, but with fewer checks to catch him exceeding the 70 miles per hour limit.

At the end of the motorway he turned round and headed back to London. His mind wandered onto Emily again and without really thinking he found himself parking at Guy's Hospital. He strode in and visited each one of his patients. At least, thought Scott, the staff would notice that he had come in to check the wards in spite of his day off. More brownie points for him. He had lunch in the canteen with one of the duty nurses. 

He went back to Butler's Wharf and opened his laptop. It wasn't long before he became engrossed in a favourite chat room. Scott regarded this as a weakness which he couldn't help. He didn't want to chat with anonymous people about sex and domination, but he couldn't help it. It became a drug, to relieve frustrations, similar to an addiction. Of course, Scott knew he would never admit to anyone of his interest in this side of sex. Nobody must know. It could do harm to his career and destroy the fragile relationship with Emily. It remained his secret.

-O-

On Monday, Emily had been at her desk for half an hour before she was approached by her boss.

'Would you please see me in my office, Emily.' The tone of the voice was not friendly.

She followed him to the glass walled office.

'How is your migraine, Emily?'

'Oh. It's fine now. Occasionally happens.'

'I didn't think it appropriate that you sat on the edge of my desk. It was disrespectful. Some of the staff noticed.'

It occurred to Emily that had there been no staff, it would have been okay. She remembered Jess had called him a lech.

'I was also concerned at the way you displayed your chest area. I don't believe migraines go to your . . .' He hesitated.

'Breasts?' Somehow, Emily had said this without really thinking.

His eyes wandered down her front, like he couldn't help it. 'I am therefore giving you a written warning. Your second warning I believe.'

Emily had received the first warning due to an argument with another girl at the vending machine. Certain loud swear words were used by both girls.

Back at her desk, Emily had time to consider her position. Another warning and she would be fired. She had a feeling the relationship with her boss would remain bad. Emily didn't think she was going to last long at the Department of Health.