Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter 26

I just want the baddest bitch in the world on my lap

Big Sean's song played through the club's loud speakers. Quanndel stood behind the gorgeous girl dancing on him. He had his drink raised in the air. The men surrounding him were receiving dances as well. The stripper collected her money as she proceeded to dance with Quanndel.

She wrapped his arm around her as she waved her hands in the air. He smiled at how warm her body felt against his. They stared into one another eyes as she pushed her tongue against the inside of her cheek. She seductively licked her lips before turning back around. She pushed her butt against him while raking her fingers through her short hair.

He felt the vibration of his phone in his pocket. He grabbed it to see incoming messages. They were all from his current girlfriend, Chandra.

Where r you?

Are you coming home?

Please call me. It's urgent.

Baby, I have to work in the morning. Are you coming home?

Babe?

OK. TELL ONE OF THOSE DUMB ASS GIRLS TO LET YOU SLEEP AT THEIR PLACE

He pushed his phone back into his pocket. The girl before him had lost much of her energy. She had been dancing with him for an hour straight. She wrapped her arms around his neck. "I get off at four. Are you trying to come with me?"

"You can hit me up when you get off on my phone. What's your number?" She recited her number then saved herself as Chrissy D. He smirked at her as she left him with a kiss to the cheek. His partner came over waving for him. Quanndel hopped off of the VIP couch.

Lance said, "Chandra blew me up. Step out and call her before she make me mad."

Quanndel nodded. He went outside onto the sidewalk to finally check in at home. Chandra answered quickly, "Where in the hell are you at?"

"Out."

"You must mistake me for some game. You know what, since you want to be smart, I got something for you. Don't even bother coming home because I tried to play nice with you but you can go catch a disease. Run around with..."

He sat the phone on his lap as she ranted. Cars whizzed by as he sat there on the curb. The alcohol was beginning to burn his stomach. He knew he had to leave the club before he got drunk. Chrissy would have to meet him at a hotel. Lance wouldn't mind dropping him off at a hotel.  He would probably get another room if he got lucky by the end of the night.

"Are you done?" Quanndel mumbled.

Chandra scoffed. "You just don't know. I'm going to love to see your face when you get yours."

She ended the call. Chandra was crazy. He met her at a stop light. Quanndel held up traffic just to get her number. She was riding in a nice Audi with her top back, and hair flowing. He knew that she was worth giving a try. Damn, he wished he thought things through sometimes.

She tried to smother him in his sleep one night. It didn't make it any better that she had a baby daddy who wouldn't stop coming around. He had fought her baby dad a few times and even shot at him. The dude just kept coming around just to stalk her. Chandra never had her son. She was always fighting with her sister to get custody of him.

"Quanndel, here's my keys. I'm leaving with her." Lance tossed him the keys to his vehicle. A long-legged, ebony girl stood beside him. She eyed Lance as he spoke. Quanndel knew his friend was going to get some. He was getting some too because as soon as Chrissy exited the club, he had her drive to the nearest hotel.

The next morning Quanndel drove home with the lingering scent of Chrissy's perfume. She was mediocre when it came to sex. She knew how to make him feel good. If it was up to him, he would've bought her home with him but Reggie was still arguing for him to get his stuff together

That is exactly why he decided to no longer be with Chandra.

He pulled up to his neighborhood to see neighbors making their way to his crib. Quanndel left his car, jogging the rest of the way towards his home. Too many people were in his way. He stared at his home burning down in flames in utter disbelief. He never kept much important in there but it was the place where he felt peace.

Money didn't just come so easy, nor did good luck.

Sighing, he turned away from the scene then walked back to his car. A whistle caught his attention. "Del, is that you?"

Quanndel stared at the older woman, her bright smile aching him. It was Valerie, his father's favorite ex-girlfriend. She left him the dirtiest way possible. High and dry.

"It's me."

She looked around, cautiously. "I know this seems rather false but I have some information for you. Do you think we could meet in a more private spot?"

"Why should I trust you after how you treated my father?"

She stepped closer to him, her smile turning into a line. The smell of her coffee overpowered his nostrils as he stood there. "Because honesty was never the issue with me. It was more of your father wanting to spoil me before making me genuinely happy. I still love him but I need him to prove to me that he has grown from the young boy worried about his appearance."

"I should kill you."

Valerie smirked. "We know who has the power. Guess who's back in town? Your worst nightmare."

The color drained from Quanndel's face as he froze up.