Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

We never really discussed what you wanted to really be in life. Do you want to tell me?" Quanndel asked London.

She walked over to the dining room table with two plates of breakfast food. As she sat them down, he grabbed his fork then began his prayer. London silently watched him before closing her eyes and joining in. Sometimes she would pop one open just to see if he was still praying and, as expected, he was.

"Amen," Quanndel finished, "So, are you going to tell me?"

"I've always wanted to be an athlete's wife."

"That doesn't sound a little dependent to you?" He reached over and grabbed his glass of orange juice.

"Yes, but I mean that was my dream as a little girl.. I've achieved just about everything I have wanted. There's just one minor thing, though." She shrugged it off.

London wanted him to ask just so she could throw a hint at what it was. As expected, he asked. "What's that?"

"To be married with at least one kid," she said, looking up. Their eyes met but he looked a little unsure. London knew he was not ready for it, but would take on the responsibility before it came. She just knew that she already had a game plan. They would get married first and probably make their first child on the honeymoon. That way she would be a wife before she became anyone's baby mama. Any woman who took that title probably didn't mean for it to occurr, or was just handing out her cookie to a nigga without any type of commitment. She seen too many broads complaining about not having enough financial support to raise their baby, not having the baby's father present in the baby's life, or depending on the government to help the daddy do right by his kid. Lo wanted different and was determined to get it by any means necessary. It didn't have to happen now because she was still learning but she really wanted it when she matured a little more.

"Oh, that's what's up, babe." he replied. His phone lit up and she drank her juice, watching him respond to a text message. She already knew what time it was before he said it.

"Look, I got to go to the crib. You can come over later if you want?" "If I don't have to go in tonight, I will. Be careful." They gave one another a quick kiss before he turned, and left out.

Destinny appeared from the back room. Their friendship was still a little rocky. London could fuck with Destinny but knew better than to let her know what was going on. It would be on the streets so fast. The last thing she needed to hear was another female whispering about her. The next one was just going to have to catch her ass whipping because she was sick of it. It wasn't the mature thing to do and most likely wouldn't stop them from talking. Still, she was going to make it an option. "Morning," she mumbled. After that exchange, she dismissed herself from Destinny's appearance. Her reason for still being in their house was something she was not concerned about. It was most likely because Francis asked or told her to. London was not going to be conversing with her unless it was a simple hello. The presence of Destinny simply annoyed her to a point of no return. She lost count of how many times she had to bit her tongue in front of the girls last night.

Loud music blasted from the sprakers as grown-ups grinded their sweaty bodies against another. The girls onstage danced around in the ones, twenties, and hundreds covering their feet. The men rooted them on as they bent over and gave little teases of whatever they had to offer. London shyed away from the crowd, and into the locker room, then to the makeup area.

Reva came over and began to take out her supplies. She opted to give the girls different looks. She'd been doing exotic dancers makeup for over twenty years. All girls wanted to fo for the teasy look, but their was only client who told her to keep it light. That was London whom she particularly didn't care for but still kept her mouth shut. Not a lot of the staff cared for London because she was so conceited and materialistic. What they failed to understand was that things were finally looking up for her after having failed various times.