Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

London slipped her foot into the heel and then bent down a little further to buckle it up. She was supposed to be gone over an hour ago with Quanndel but he still hadn't showed up. It was disrespectful of him to be running late, she had already changed shoes at least two to three times and asked Destinny if they looked good. She examined her outfit in the mirror then grabbed her phone from the end table. No texts, no calls.

"Where are you?" she whispered to herself.

His phone rung and rung as she stood there, leaning against her dresser. After him not answering, her demeanor changed and shoulders slumped. Her eyebrows had furrowed and she was almost in tears of frustration because no one ever stood her up like that. She was slowly but surely becoming insensitive.

Destinny sat on the bed and looked up at London. "Lon, he's just busy and he'll be here soon. Don't start worrying yourself over it, you look gorgeous." she assured her, smiling. London glanced at her while sighing heavily. She sat on the bed next to her friend and chewed on the inside of her lip. Before this she was bragging about how sweet he was and how he always respected her but now she was regretting. All the hype she gave him and now he pulls this.

"I'm sure he's going to come and if he doesn't then it's cool. You and I can find something fun to do," Destinny spoke.

London knew that her friend was only trying to lighten her up, but the more she talked the more annoying she became. Lo didn't want to sit in the house with Destinny and boring Francis. She wanted to go out with Quanndel and have a good time, like he promised they would.

"No, I'm just going to bed. I'll call you later on tomorrow."

"All right, but if he does come then call me right after and tell me how it went. Bye, Lon!" She walked out, closing the door behind her.

Quanndel sat in the passenger seat of Reggie's car, staring down at his phone. It never lit up again and her contact icon didn't pop up, like he wanted. Reggie made him cancel the date with London but she didn't know that because Quan knew that she would want to know why. And quite frankly he didn't have the answer to her inquiries that she would want to hear. He was sure she already knew what he was into but was afraid to ask, in fear that he would hurt her.

It was not like that. He wanted London to know what he does but didn't want to end their friendship because of it. Quan was sure that she had dealt with men like him before, but he wanted to ask her first just to confirm it. He knew that London was going to be mad at him. It would start with her asking questions then turn into another thing.

"We got business to handle, stop bitching over some broad." Reggie's deep voice knocked Quanndel out of his thoughts.

The two of them got out of the car and up the steps to Quanndel's dad's house. The lights were low besides the lamp nearest to the front door. Reggie did his knock and the minutes later the door slowly opened.

A girl about 5'4 appeared in front of them with a smile on her face. Her curvy body was smugly fitting the dress, to the point where it looked like the designer had actually sewn her into it. Being a man- a very horny one-, Quanndel found that attractive but Reggie didn't look too impressed. Quan knew it was because he had seen better, knew how to control his hormones, and didn't pay women any special attention now after the incident with his old lady.

"Hey, he's in the back" she said, pointing.

Quanndel smiled at her before following Reggie. As they were making their way to the back Reggie was complaining to him about how that girl could have got his brother caught up. He said that she was also too comfortable and that's something never you want to have a female feel like.