Chapter Twenty

Before I even begin, let me help out all of my confused followers, London did get cheated on by Quanndel while cheating. Montego had visited her while she was working, and abused her to get through to Q. She just caught him in bed with another woman, and now she plans on going to help Montego.. Oh, and Q still doesn't know Montego is home. It is up to Montego how he wants to announce himself. Now, I want to apologize for neglecting this book for so long. To writers, never put too much on your plate that you can't handle. Lesson learned.

Montego sat in the booth with his eyes fixated on the girl before him. She was OK for a Soto. They picked pretty average women. This one was somewhat different but he saw nothing of his interest in her. He was trying to find her main flaws but it seemed to be none. Makeup works wonders. He scoffed at the thought.

Makeup was nothing the girls back home would use. Most of them were confident in their natural beauty. He loved himself a fine, dark skinned beauty. Speaking of one, he had left one back home whom was bearing him his first child. She was a sassy, but sweet woman.

They had met through family and he wanted her hand in marriage ever since. He had learned long ago that women were confusing, but she was so simple to him. She didn't care for luxurious materialistic things. All she ever begged for was his attention and love. He willingly gave to her.

The female cleared her throat.

A smirk appeared upon his face as she shifted uncomfortably under his gaze. Her face contorted into an annoyed expression, but she switched it into a smile. Just a couple nights ago his boot was being smashed against that pretty face. How she was willing to meet him here alone was above his head. Any other woman would run for her life.

"How do you and Del know one another?"

He spoke in his best English, "We met through the streets."

"Is there a reason for your issues with one another?" She drank from the cup with a little smirk on her face.

She had the same smirk upon her face since they had met. He liked her better when she wasn't speaking. Something told him that she had a lot up her sleeve. But he couldn't reject her offer to meet up, and discuss business. Plus if he wanted in on the money the Sotos were pulling in, he knew where to start.

See, Quanndel was a baby to this game. Montego taught him the ropes instead of his father or uncle. They were a bunch of older men with boy-like tendencies. They got comfortable relaxing in that money, and set themselves up with grimy groupies. Yes, Montego called it like he seen it and London was grimy.

He found out her rep through the streets. Although she wasn't a ho, she was disloyal. He could tell from how she asked questions and from her eyes. Those eyes. They were windows to the soul, for real, because the real her was screaming to be set free. It was the power of the almighty dollar that controlled her.

And sad to say, she was a slave of desire.

His red-rimmed eyes scanned over her once again for the umpteenth time. He saw her left eye slightly twitch before reaching up, and grabbing his hand. He removed it from underneath hers inch by inch. That sparked him in the wrong way.

"Look, we not cool like that. Matter of fact, we aren't cool at all."

"Montego, if you want money then you better play nice. I would hate to have to cut your-" She allowed him to finish her sentence in his head, before saying, "Never mind. I believe you get it."

Montego scoffed. "Gul, I could never underestimate you."

She smiled as if she knew something he didn't, which she probably did. She took a sip from her drink then shrugged. A girl walked into the restaurant with a hip-hugging skirt and teeny shirt to match on. London paid no attention, but Montego watched the way her big, brown eyes scanned the place.