Chapter Eight

Chapter 8

Fighting was something Quanndel loved doing, he just hated doing it to the people he loved. Jeremy really showed his true colors, and they weren't the ones Quanndel chose to affiliate himself with.

If he wasn't so interested in London and she was just a one time thing, then maybe he would pass her to his homeboys. But nothing about her was similar to those girls who walked the streets or let their ass hang out just for attention. She could just walk in and simply catch everyone's attention, and he loved that about her. Yeah, her looks did catch his attention but the way she presented herself and acted so lady-like kept it.

"Hey, I bought you this. Nothing else was open and this was about the only thing that store had." She passed him the bag.

"Oh. Thank you," he said, taking the bag and looking inside. She was up to take care of him and he liked that. He would have to see what else she would stay there through.

London poured peroxide into the cap and then moved his head back a little. She slowly poured it into the cut and he clenched his fist. His face was turning red and he was biting his bottom lip. Seeing him in pain made her angry and she never was angry. It was too hard for her to be angry and if she was then it was not for long.

What Jeremy done was very disrespectful. Why would he push up on her when it was clear that he was supposed to be with Destinny? He was probably the reason why Destinny ran out of the club. "He ruined the whole night," London muttered. Quan nodded his head, showing that he couldn't agree anymore.

"But," London tore open a Band-Aid. "We can still have fun. It'll just have to be here," she said. She placed the Band-Aid on his minor cut and then stepped back to see if the bruises looked any better. Jeremy really did hang in there, but Quanndel had him. Hands down. She could tell that he was still fuming over the situation and she didn't want to be angry because he was angry any longer, so she sat in his lap.

"Quanndel, look at me." London tapped his arm. He sighed heavily, turning his head towards her. His pretty eyes met hers and she leaned in to give him a kiss. It was brief because his lip was still looking pretty messed up and she didn't want to hurt him. "You can't be stressed out over him. If Jeremy knows what makes you mad, then he has mind control over you. Smile, I'm still here with you."

He sat right there for a second, staring at her, until there was a knock at the house door. "You chill in here" He got up and walked out of the bathroom. London sat on the edge of the tub, fiddling with her fingers. She didn't hear any noise so that was cool. Her mind drifted off to how protective he was over her tonight. He was keeping her in his arms and not letting her go for anything. No one approached them either. No men, no females. It was a pleasant night.

Quanndel stepped back into the bathroom and she looked up at him. He smiled and helped her up from the edge of the tub. "Who was it?"

"Your sister and my uncle. I got a question," he replied to her.

London's stomach tightened and she slid her hands out of his. "Yeah?" She was hoping that he wouldn't ask her anything that she didn't want to be asked.

"How long have you and Destinny been friends?" he asked.

"Not long, like, two or three days. Why? Did she do something?" London replied. She hated trusting females but she gave Destinny the benefit of the doubt because she felt sorry for her. The poor girl was in bad condition when the two of them first met, and London's empathetic side felt for this girl and she somehow understood her. It was hard work for Lo to work her way up and that's all Destinny is trying to do.

Of course London had to sacrifice some things and do some foul things but she got there, and that was all that mattered.

She looked into his eyes, repeating her question twice before he made up his mind and decided not to tell her about the kiss the two of them almost shared in the parking lot. Destinny was really close and it was too close for Quanndel's comfort zone, and he didn't want to hurt London so he had to straighten up. He didn't want her having fake friends, though.

If Destinny was willing to push up on him, then she was willing to do anything else to London. He would just have to protect London the best way he could. He had intense feelings for her and did not want anything bad to happen to this woman at all. "No, just wondering. Are y--"

"No, I want to know why. Why are you questioning my friendship with everyone? First, it was my guy friend and now her."

"Lo, chill out. I don't want to ague about it because it isn't worth it. I just wanted to know because you two weren't talking a lot like I expected last night. You made it seem like she was your best friend but didn't act like when she ran up out of the club."

"I was drinking!"

"Or was you trying to stay for my homeboy? I got a funny feeling that he wasn't pushing up on you, but you were pushing up on him. Am I right?"

London shook her head. She clearly remembered everything that happened at the club, or at least she thought she did. She felt that Quanndel was just fucking with her head, and that's exactly what it was. He was messing with her and trying to catch her up in a lie for some reason, or at least that's what she thought he was doing.

"You know I'm not even like that." she said. It was a lie. It was exactly like London to mess with someone's emotions and then look for sympathy when they realize what she was doing. She was aware of how much a bad person she had become every since she moved, but couldn't help it now. Too deep in to change right now, plus, she didn't want to change.

"Nah, don't lie to me. Was he really trying you London? Or were you trying him? Just give me a honest answer."

"I'm being honest. It was exactly how I explained it you. Nothing else, nothing more." She tried to keep her eyes fixated on his but it was hard for her to do it when he was giving her this death glare.

Quanndel sighed. "I'm about to head out. I'll see you around here" London watched as he walked out with her eyes beginning to water. She felt the bridge of her nose burning and took a deep breath. She was becoming real insensitive now because people were doing her all types of ways. Maybe it was time she bought back her crafty ways and stopped letting others run over her.