CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

There. He said it. Finally he said it.

I was a bit surprised. Jaebum just said the things I wanted to hear from him for a long time. But surprisingly it didn't feel least bit like I expected it to be. I had imagined going bonkers with the happiness; or just blushing red on the cheeks. Instead my heart didn't race like it was supposed to.

"Uh, wow, okay..."

We stared at each other silently, the air around us filled with awkwardness. He let out a deep sigh. "Figured you won't say it back."

"What does that

"What does that...mean?"

"It's okay Y/N. I knew you won't say it back."

*What the hell is he saying now?*

"But I didn't... it wasn't... I just was surprised..." I wasn't able to understand anything. He went hysteric and cut me off midway.

"Surprised? Okay. You know what? You don't have to lie to me anymore. I know you don't feel the same way."

"What? Jaebum, h-how could you say that? I did everything for you."

"And yet you couldn't love me the way you've loved Chanyeol..."

I was taken aback. A weird agitation came upon me. What is he saying? Whom was I making love to all month long? Was that Chanyeol, or him? How is this even...

"What? What are you talking about? There's nothing between me and..."

"Well, that's enough Y/N. Tell me, how many times have you felt that worried when I wasn't around? Tell me why were you so annoyed or upset when anything went wrong with Chanyeol?"

"Yeah well I did overreact but that doesn't have to mean..."

"Wow so you're lying not just to me, but to yourself as well. Give yourself a reality check Y/N!"

His words struck me like knives. Multiple. On the back. My first thought at the moment was that maybe he was just tired or angry for some other reason. So I tried calming him down first.

"Look I know you're tired but you cannot just say things like that."

I tried to come closer to him but he pushed me away. He sighed again and stood still for awhile. He lifted his head up with a stiff expression on his face and looked at me directly.

"Y/N, I have something to tell you."

"What?" My heart pounded with each word that came out of his mouth. It felt like the same thing happening all over again. I took a step back from him.

 I took a step back from him