• 2 | Days in Seoul •

We were on a countdown, marking each passing day with a cross until the red pin with our cardboard-heads ended up on the same square that the green pin with a Korean-flag stood tall on our calendar-board. The time went by swiftly and finally ‘the big day’ was here!

On the day of our departure, we hugged our families goodbye and hopped in the cab with a ton of luggage. After almost three hours of waiting, we were finally seated on the plane with our playlists filled with K-pop and K-drama songs. We were so ready for this.

After the nine and half hour long flight, we arrived at the Incheon Airport and as we took our first steps in the country, I honestly felt it

After the nine and half hour long flight, we arrived at the Incheon Airport and as we took our first steps in the country, I honestly felt it. There was a different something lingering in the air. Something brilliant.

Cracking our joints while smelling the vibe in, we booked us a cab and went to the three-bedroom apartment that we had rented for the next two months. Apparently hotels were too clichéd for us. Haha. And also because we kinda always wanted to live here like this; together, just the three of us weirdos.

So after getting our luggage inside and having a few moments of excitement bursting out in the form of loud-shrieking and ceremony-dancing, each of us called back home letting our parents know that their babies had arrived safely to their new temp...

So after getting our luggage inside and having a few moments of excitement bursting out in the form of loud-shrieking and ceremony-dancing, each of us called back home letting our parents know that their babies had arrived safely to their new temporary-home without getting lost or kidnapped. I fell in love with the beautifully cozy couch the instant I practically threw my body on it. Both of them sunk down beside me and a spark of immense comfort washed down their faces as well.

Then we had the which-room-is-mine discussion. I was feeling generous, and way too tired, so I let them choose between the big rooms, and hopped inside a comparatively small but the most cute and cozy room, dragging my luggage. We went to bed straight after having our microwave dinner.

The next morning was our unpacking-cum-organizing day. It felt like we had our teenage years given back to us. Taking out our favorite boy-band posters and photo-cards, we started decorating our rooms and the living areas. It did feel like a dream come true. Even though we knew it was going to be short-lived, we had a good mind to have actual fun for whatever little time we had in our own kind of heaven.