• 7 | An Unfortunate First Meet •

I went back to my desk and sat there, waiting wordlessly. Amy and Sophie had been texting me for awhile. I called them after another meaningless hour of frustration.

“Fuck me!” I started whining.

“You know our compass doesn't turn that way, honey.”

“I want to cuddle-up on the bed and eat nachos in Korea and watch Variety Shows and giggle with you guys... Instead I'm stuck here showing Idols to swimming pools, and having my insides turn into melted ice cream every time I realize that they are actually talking to me...”

“Showing Idols to....Wait WHAT?! Tell us everything about that!!”

And I went on telling them what happened till then. They occasionally fangirled, sometimes quite vehemently when I mentioned any of their biases. After calming our rediscovered teen-feels, we just sighed like the stupid struggling adults we were.

“Oh my gosh Y/N, you won't be able to come home now. Have you seen the time? It's not safe for you to go out before dawn.”

I looked at the grand watch. It was 12:45 A.M.

“Aish... Now I hate that Mr. Park Chanyeol!!!”

“Ah hon, you don't ‘hate him’ hate him...”

“Now I seriously do... Ah, jeongmal, I'm so tired...”

We hung up, and I went to the cafeteria to get myself a coffee.

“Ahh Y/N-ssi!”

It was Suho.

“Ahh annyeong!”

“Ahh annyeong!”

That familiar beagle voice was Baek's.

“Hello, Sir.”

“You're still here? Why haven't you gone home?”

“I'm not allowed to leave as long as Mr. Chanyeol doesn't arrive at the Hotel.”

“Ah chincha?! He is the one you're still here for?” Baek was astonished.

“Ah we're sorry for the trouble, Y/N-ssi. Really we are.” Indeed Suho was their eomma.