• 3 | Surprise Surprise •

On the eve of the ‘arrival day’, last minute preparations were going on in full swing. After work, our Manager came to inform us that we need to be here 2 hours early the next day and attend a staff meeting.

“Great! Now we have to wake up even earlier for a stupid meeting...Jeongmal!”

The next day, everyone was gathered in the hall, and a well dressed woman came in. We were all yawning and complaining, but as soon as she entered, all heads turned to her. She looked flawless.

The meeting started. During her speech, she gave detailed instructions on how to treat the guests and handed us our respective guest lists which nobody bothered to open and see right away. After repeating the same things for over an hour and making us lose all the interest that we had suddenly found when she entered, she stopped and with a slight movement of hands and a glint in her eyes as if asking for special attention before saying something incredible, she went on.

“...you must memorize the instructions given to you, because Idols don't like to be mistreated. Their managers hate that, even more than they do.”

Saying so she retreated back to her same straightened position with her hands folded, only a wild smirk pasted on her face. It took everyone quite awhile to process what she just said. Every face in the room was frozen in shock, still trying to wind their head around the sentence.

“I-Idols?!” Someone finally stuttered, probably thinking out loud.

“Ne...I~dol.”

The smirk on her face brightened a bit more as she took a pause, during which she gathered her file and was ready to walk out.

“You all will be attending to a total of 12 Idol groups. 7 all-male, 4 all-female and a duo. Those lists have the names of the groups you will have to tend to, so don't lose it. Thank you, people. I wish you all the best.”

The next hour was given to us to memorize all the details given in our individual lists and mostly ready ourselves for everything that was coming. But that whole hour seemed like our mental preparation for some battle.

Indeed, whatever just happened wasn't something everyone reckons will happen to them for real. The whole thing felt like living a fanfiction.

“Daebakidaaaaa!!!” Screamed Amy as she was the first one who opened the guest lists given to us.

“I have BIG BANG! Omo! And I have GFriend! Ehhh never been a big fan...”

Me and Sophie curiously opened our guest lists. But she was faster than me.

Sophie's screams were heard next.

“GOT7! GOT7! GOT7! Ahhhh chincha...!”

My attention drifted towards her in a flash when she mentioned the name of the group of my ultimate Bias. Lucky her, I pouted.

“Aww you bitch! You got GOT7, wahhh...” And I actually made a pouty face towards her. She got up proudly and started derp-dancing and mocking me.

“Y/N~ah, who's on your list?”

I had completely forgotten that I too had a list. I opened the list and stared at it for a few good seconds, my mouth hung open. Sensing their curious faces, I got up and started derp-dancing vigorously.

“Yahahhh...!!!”

“WHAT??” They asked in unison.

“I got BTS aaaaand EXO...Yehet~”

Their mouths fell open this time, and they shouted “BITCH!”

I was dancing ‘ceremony’ when our Hotel manager came in to ask us to be prepared because one of the groups were to arrive within the next 15 minutes. Seeing me that way, he gave a weird look which looked more like a facepalm without the ‘palm’, but that was enough for my ‘ceremony’ to die out.

After having fits of hushed laughter and excitement, giggling and cursing each other for our luck, and saying ‘unbelievable’ for almost a million times, we tried calming our minds and hearts.

We knew we couldn't obviously fangirl in front of them, or we might lose our jobs. And in any case, we needed the money. But even then our fanfiction-fueled minds made us blush even more.

We were to enter their names and details in the database and give their key cards to them when they arrived. There was no fixed time to when all of them would reach the place, so it had to be a long day for us. Since they were our Idols, it didn't matter anyway.

Soph texted me asking to call her whenever Jimin came in. She cursed me the most for being lucky enough to take care of all of our first loves.

Amy, on the other hand, was fascinated as she got Big Bang. She texted me challenging that by the end of this internship she would do it with any one of them.

I just giggled at our crazy group chat and replied with a “Do whatever you want, but I'm not gonna be a part of that” and left the chat before they could shower more curses on me.

—♦♥♦—

First Updated : 14 June 2017
Edited : 30 December 2017

First Updated : 14 June 2017Edited : 30 December 2017

Third Chapter! Boy, I'm coming up smooth...LOL. Talk me in the comments or inbox! Also, don't forget to tippity tap on the little orange star-shaped vote button by the corner ;)

Saranghaeyo Lovelies ♥ xo