Chapter 10 - I Don't Want To Be Here

I was in utter disbelief. It felt like my whole world had crashed down. All I could think about was: Great, I’m now a pregnant teenage slut.

“You’re 3 weeks along. Morning sickness won’t stop for a little while. There are hot-lines you can call, but perhaps right now you should call your parents.” The doctor said after he realized that I was not happy at all whatsoever about being pregnant.

My eyes started to fill with tears and I just wiped them away. I refused to sob and cry, I can do that in my own time.

“Thanks,” I muttered to the doctor as I just walked out of the room without even being dismissed.

I walked home slower than before. There were so many questions, but far more problems. My eyes filled up more with tears, and eventually I had to pull up my hoodie and let my hair fall on the side of my face while looking down so cars who wear driving past wouldn’t pick up I was crying so easily. Well, my life is ruined. I’m a seventeen year old pregnant girl with a boyfriend whom I’m not sure I love even anymore. The guy I do love, I had just ruined his world. Instead of walking home, I walked to the park. It was deserted. I took a seat on the swing and just cried. On the bright side, my mum can’t kick me out of the house because I don’t even live with her in the first place. It started to rain, but I continued to rock back and forth on the swing and just cry. I am pregnant. I’m going to be a mother. I don’t want this child. It’s only been about half an hour since I’ve known it existed, and I already hate it. This human being inside me just destroyed my entire life. I sat on the swing for another 15 minutes feeling sorry for myself. I was soaking wet, and I could get sick. But I suppose getting sick won’t be that bad, maybe that monster inside me has less of a chance of living…

I stood up, shoved my freezing hands into my moist pockets and walked into the bush. I didn’t want to go home; I didn’t want to see my dad. He’ll ask me why I have been crying, and why I was wet then all I can say is: Three weeks ago I had sex with my boyfriend I don’t love anymore and now I’m pregnant. I wanted to slap myself. I jogged into the bush and just ran, I had no idea where I was going, I was just following the narrow trail. I smelled the wet trees, and felt the soft crunching under my foot with each step I took. This helped me clear my mind, until I lost my breathe and had to sit down. I walked over to a big tree which looked like it was going to protect me from the majority of the spitting coming down from the clouds. I just plonked myself on the ground, close my eyes and caught my breath. I stood still for what felt like an eternity, eventually my stomach grumbled. I’m starving! I checked the time: 5:30pm. I had a text from my dad, I tapped on it:

Hey sweetie, working late tonight. There’s food in the fridge, and if you wanna get take away there’s more than enough in the Jar next to the phone.”

My hunger got the better of me, and so I decided to go back home. As I got up, took a quick look around where I was, I realized I was lost. This day keeps getting better and better, I thought. I wondered around the bush for another half an hour, until I finally found and opening and came out on the other side of the bush. I was at what looked like the back of a school, judging by the Playground and the sand pit I assumed it was a primary school. I followed the fence to the front of the school where I saw the main road and continued to walk along it aimlessly until I reached some place I recognised.

Eventually I made it home, I walked into the apartment and I checked the time, it had taken me an hour to get home and now it was 6:30. I walked to the fridge, whipped up a stir fry and basically shoved it all down my throat. It felt like I hadn’t eaten in years! I remembered the money my dad had left me, and I found a $50 note in the jar as well as a few gold and silver coins. I got changed, grabbed a backpack and starting putting everything I needed. I was planning on living with Josh as I was going through this rough time. I finally admitted to myself that I’m not in love with him, but he’s like my brother and I knew Josh would support me. In my bag I packed a few t-shirts and tracksuit pants and some underwear. I went into my bathroom and I picked up my toothbrush and a packet of tampons. Once I realized that while I’m pregnant I won’t be getting my period for another 9 months I grabbed the packet of tampons and just threw them across my room in frustration. I broke down on my bed, not crying, but just in shame and disappointment.