Chapter 6 - Best & Worst Night of My Life

My eyes were red and puffy when I arrived at Josh’s house. Throughout the entire 45 minute car ride I was crying and weeping. Josh was there to tell me what I needed to hear: "It's not your fault," "You had no choice," and "It's going to be okay."

I believed it for a second, I honestly did. But then I would realize this entire situation. I highly doubted that things were going to work themself out if I just hid away.

I told Josh as much as I could without revealing anything that might concern him. He told me that Zayn just couldn't handle the truth and that he'll come around soon, and if he doesn't he's not worthy to be my friend. He told me that people will know me as the girl who slapped Delta, and as much as I denied it I knew it was true. He told me that I'll have attention, and whether it's wanted or unwanted people will know me and that I won't be friendless anymore. Someone will acknowledge me and want to be friends. Someone will sympathise for me or someone will want to be there for me at school and make me feel better.

He parked his car just outside his house on the road. As we made our way onto his porch and I took a deep breath. Josh's parents were fine but I didn't want to explain anything. I didn't want them quizzing me, asking why I'm here. I didn't want them to call my mother and for her to pick me up. I didn't want my dad worried. I didn't want to be with anyone except for Josh.

He unlocked the front door and we stepped inside. The lights were all out except for the kitchen and the hall upstairs.

“Joshua? Is that you?” I recognised Mrs Blakely’s voice, Josh’s mother, calling from the kitchen.

“Yeah it is. Why haven’t you left yet? You’re gonna miss your plane. Oh and is it okay if Hope stayed for the weekend?” he called out.

“Yes, yes of course. She can sleep in our bedroom while we’re away.” She said in a hurry while packing medication into her handbag. She seemed to be too distracted with what she was doing to question why I was here.

I gave him a confused look. I was having second thoughts. Did I want to stay the weekend here? Should I perhaps go home? Or stay with mum? Should I maybe just stay for the night and not for the weekend?

"Thanks Mrs Blakely," I called out towards the kitchen. I crept quietly up the stairs towards Josh's room and ensuring that I wouldn't disturb Mr Blakely. "Where are you parents going?"

“My grandmother’s sick. Mum and Dad are flying over to look after her for a few days,” He said as he held my hand.

As we reached the top of the stairs I saw Mr Blakely and he just nodded at me. He was a nice man, but not talkative. I saw he was struggling to zip up an over sized suitcase.  

“We’re going soon. You’se be okay here?” Mr Blakely said in a gruff voice. Josh and I both nodded.

I opened the door to Josh's room, turned on the light and just fell into his big double bed. I sighed and buried my face in his soft pillows. They smelled exactly like Josh when he's not sweating. The door shut gently and Josh plonked himself next to me and started stroking my hair. I rolled around to face him and everything around me.

Josh's room was quite large. He had a TV on the wall, an attached bathroom with a shower, bath and a sink, a walk in wardrobe and a few exercise equipment like weights dropped in the corner. His bed was in between the doors to his wardrobe and bathroom and one wall was just a window with a perfect view of the entire town.

“You don’t look too comfortable in that tight dress and heels. If you give me a minute I’ll rummage through my drawer and give you a pair of my trackies and a shirt yeah?” He offered.