It's Okay

And at that exact moment, my heart felt like it stopped
It's like time slowed down.
As if my time has come to an ending.

The moment those words escaped her mouth
I knew it was my time

"Kill her."

I can hear my friends scream.
I can hear them beg for them to stop.
I can hear a fight break out.

As I stare into the woods in front of me I'm astounded.
But I'm not scared.

In the corner of my eye I watch how her men hold my friends down as they try to break themselves out to stop this, but it's okay.

There's some kind of comfort in seeing him standing in front of me.

At this point all my friends can do is watch and cry
And so they do

And I
I look straight into the eyes of the person I love more than anything in this world...
The person who made my life worth living...
The person who I wished to love until my last days...
And as I watch his eyes stare back into mine I find myself looking into nothing but a dark universe. The stars have been erased. They've lost their brightness.

"It's okay Isaac."

Tears begin to roll over my cheeks as I'm assuring him that it's okay
And it is, because I'd rather want him to end my life than anyone else

I'm going to die in the arms of the love of my life and it's okay and that's exactly what I tell him. It's the same thing I've been telling him ever since he'd set foot in my bedroom, asking me for a favor. Asking me to let him stay, to let him in.
It's the same thing I've been telling him every time he'd wake up in the middle of the night, screaming in fear. I'd tell him it's okay. It's okay, because I'm there with him.

"I love you. I always will. And It's okay. You're here with me."

I can feel my lips tremble as I speak

"Kill. The. Enemy." The voice demands one more time, screaming at Isaac, making me close my eyes.

"It's okay," I repeat.

And that's exactly what he did.

-

Loud screams
Werewolves growling
A sharp pain in my stomach
A blurry sight

I find myself laying on the grass, looking up to the sky as I watch my friends hovering over me.

"Hold on, please hold on," the voices beg me.

It feels like I've been stabbed in the stomach, but I can't seem to find the strength to lift myself up, but then I can feel someone lifting me into their arms , crying, repeating the same thing over and over again...

"I'm sorry. Please don't leave me. I love you," the voice cries.

I'm laying in Isaac's arms and he's looking me straight in the eyes.

And all I see is him
The universe has found its way back to me
He has found his way back to me

"I'm here," I whisper and before I know it my eyes are shut and my mind has find its way somewhere else followed by a cruel silence.

-

A few hours later, what feels like seconds, that same silence gets replaced by a steady beat inside my chest, followed by a voice.
"You're okay," the voice whispers.
And with every beat and every moment the lines dashed up and down on the screen, a life was hanging in the balance of that steady sound.
My life.

A small "how?" manages to escape my lips, the moment I open my eyes.
"You were there with me to fight me through it. You always are."

And I always will be, because he is the one whom I love with all my heart.
My person.

The end.

Chapter 50: It's Okay.