Disguise

I try to tell him to run, to hide, to be safe but instead the connection lets me down. I turn around to look back at both Allison and Stiles. "What's going on? What happened?" I put my phone in my pocket and stare right into their eyes.

"It's on" is all I say.

"It's on? what is?" Stiles asks me with a bit of a panicked tone in his voice. Meanwhile my mind is full off questions. What can I do? What am I going to do? Will it kill me? Or even worse... Will it kill my friends? I'm trying to come up with a plan, but as hard as I try to focus. It isn't working. Right now it seems like my mind isn't fully with me. Allison stands up while Stiles holds Lydia, who placed the cup of water right near her lips, tightly. She's slowly reawakening from what ever she went into. "What do you mean? Are they okay?!" Allison questions me. I stare right into her eyes as the emotions leave my face. Allison then screams out my name as she holds my shoulders tightly. "Are they okay?!" she questions me in a louder tone. "I don't know." "Yo- You don't know? What do you mean you don't know?" "Like I said, I don't know..." Allison lets go of my shoulders and has her look clenched on the door. "Let's find out" she continues. "Let's find ou- Ho... What about Lydia?" Stiles jumps up before rushing over to us. Allison and I share a look before she speaks up. "You'll stay with her." Stiles immediately shows a lot of confusion. "Why me? I mean not that I don't want to be with her, but why can't I help?" "Cause you're the only one who'd do anything, literally anything, to keep her safe" I say as I look deeply in his eyes. My honesty shows. "Fine" he says convinced even though we all know he wouldn't let anyone else take the job. "What now?" Allison says. "We're going to the woods."

I place my foot on the ground before lifting my weight up on it. I can feel the cold breeze bashing against my cheeks right when I jump out of the car. Allison grabs her crossbow out of the car before locking it. She walks towards my direction until she is standing next to me. We give each other a quick look. "Let's do it" we both say. We walk towards the entrance of the woods and observe our surroundings. I take the lead as I shine my flashlight to light the path. "Are we sure they're here?" Allison asks after a minute or three. "Nope." We continue to walk until I feel Allison her hand grab my arm tightly. "Stop. Do you hear that?" She says. I stand still for a moment and focus on the sounds around me. "I don't hear anything Al" I reply as I look next to me into the darkness of the woods. Allison stays quiet for a while. She's waiting for the sounds to come back, which they do. After half a minute there's a loud howl  in the distance, in the darkness. We give each other a quick look which tells us what the other person is planning to do. This time we're both planning on running. Running towards the howl. Towards the others. So we do. We run in the direction of the howl, but all of a sudden someone stands in our way which causes me to bump against that person. I look up in confusion, annoyance and shock and notice Isaac. My sight goes from Isaac to Scott who's standing sideways from Isaac. "Isaac, but... What happened?" He looks down at me and answers me emotionless. "Nothing." He continues to walk towards the entrance of the woods which will lead him towards the parking lot. I grab his arm as he tries to pass me which causes him to turn around. I give him a look from what I hope that he understands that I'm asking for more information, for the truth. Instead he smiles at me, but his smile isn't as bright as normally. I look over at Allison and Scott and notice how much interest Scott shows Allison, none to be exact. Allison grabs his hand, but Scott doesn't seem to care. I look back at the twins and give them a small smile before following the others. As I do I can feel myself getting pulled back. Ethan has his hand on my shoulder as he hopes for me to turn around. I look behind me towards Ethan and notice Aiden who continues to walk but stays close to the two of us. "Listen... Something's going on" Ethan speaks up. I look at his hand and back at his face which is directed towards me. I turn around towards him and take a deep breath. "I knew it."

Chapter 36: Disguise