We're not safe

9:06 AM

I wake up with some heavy burdens on and against my body or at least that's what it feels like. It took me a few seconds and attempts to open my eyes and the moment they finally open I look around and quickly find out the heavy burden is actually Isaac. His legs are tangled into mine, his arms had taken their place around my waist pulling me into his arms and my shoulder is comforting his head. I try to lift my head without waking Isaac to look at our exact position. I realize I can barely move so I lay my head back down and close my eyes again. After a few minutes I'm out.

10:25 AM

I open my eyes and the first thing I notice is Isaac. He isn't laying near me anymore. I stretch and sit up stroking some of the hair that fell out of my ponytail behind my ear. I take a deep breath before noticing another thing. I'm all alone. I get out of bed and walk towards the bathroom. "Isaac?" I knock on the door and wait for him to answer. He doesn't. I walk downstairs and the first person I see is my mother. She's sitting at the kitchen table. "Good morning" she says without looking away from the book she's reading. "Morning mom" I sit down on the seat in front of her and lean my face in my hands. "Hi mom... have you seen Isaac this morning?" Her eyes immediately look up and into mine but her head doesn't move one bit. A few seconds later she moves her face towards me. "Yes he left about half an hour ago. He was in a hurry." She notices my confusion. "I think it had something to do with the pack" she quickly adds. Yes my mother knows about the whole supernatural thing and yes she is aware of the fact that there is a werewolf staying at our house, but my mother trusts Scott and the pack so she is okay with it. It took time, but she now knows we're the good ones. I smile at her and relieve a deep breath.

I took a quick shower and dressed myself into a simple but nice outfit. I now stand in front of the mirror to put some make up on and blow-dry my hair. The moment I brush my hair I receive a text from Scott. I lay my brush down next to the sink, grab my phone which was laying on the other side of the sink and turn around to lean against the bathroom cabinet.

Scott: We need your help
Me: Whats up?
Scott: We're at the clinic. Come see us
Me: On my way

11:39 AM

I open the clinic door and walk towards the back of the building. Scott, Stiles, Deaton and Isaac are all standing around the table and as soon as I come in they all look at me. "What can I do for you?" I glance over at Scott who is now smiling at me but his smile isn't lasting very long. "Another victim" He softly speaks "and we think you know who it is" Deaton continues. "How so?" I flip my hair over to one side with my hand and brush my hands over my legs after putting down my backpack. "Because he's from your class." Stiles focusses on his hands while speaking. I press my lips on each other and clear my throat. "Okay." I walk over towards the table and look at Deaton. He reveals the face and I immediately know who it is. I lick my lips and turn my face. "Rider... Rider Lane" Scott nodds and thanks me. My mind is away and my thoughts are all over the place. I'm thinking about every little detail about him. A reason on why HE got killed. I felt a hand grab mine under the table which quickly snapped me back to reality, earth. Isaac. I look up at him, take a breath and a soft smile appears on my face. Stiles and Scott both look at each other. They obviously noticed since both their looks contain a lot of confusion.

 They obviously noticed since both their looks contain a lot of confusion

"How did he die?" I turn my face to Deaton. Isaac is still holding my hand, but at this point he is rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand. "Wendigoes stealthily stalk victims for long periods. Once the chase begins, wendigoes engage in a torturous game. They bait their prey, release shrieks or growls, and sometimes mimic human voices calling for help. It's nearly impossible to escape from a wendigo. Victims often hide indoors because they think they're safe. They're wrong. A wendigo can unlock doors and enter homes. It is often believed that a Wendigo will get bigger and stronger after killing their victim" Deaton explains. "So what exactly is a Wendigo?" Isaac questions. "All cultures in which the Wendigo myth appeared shared the belief that human beings could turn into Wendigos if they ever resorted to cannibalism or if they become possessed by the demonic spirit of a Wendigo, often in a dream. The most frequent cause of transformation into a Wendigo was if a person had resorted to cannibalism, consuming the body of another human in order to keep from starving to death. Wendigo's are described as a 15 feet, thin creature. Bloodstained or fanged. It has no lips, bares jagged teeth, and hisses with every breath. It's bones are visible through its sickly yellow skin, and its body is composed of ice and matted fur. It gives off a odor that only the dead could match" "Deaton..." Deaton looks at me the moment I call out his name. "Wendigo's eat their victims right? So we know now what happened to all the other people who are missing, but what about him? He is dead, but the Wendigo didn't ate him" Deaton clears his throat and reveals not only his face but every other part of the victim. The victims body has been ripped apart and most of it has been eaten by it. Scott leans his elbows down on the table in shock. "We're screwed" Stiles softly yells. "We're not safe" Isaac looks over at Scott. "You think?" Stiles sarcastically replies. "No one is" Scott answers full of fear.

To be continued

To be continued...

Chapter 4: We're not safe